No announcement yet.

Dog urine versus lawns

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to post a pic. of our late-lamented boxer Tess. If we'd had dog rocks when we had her perhaps we'd still have a lawn. She had more soul than any human. I've scanned an old photo I took of her & if you click on the link & open the file you can see her.
    Attached Files
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

According to New Scientist (who had a reader's debate about this subject once !) it is the oestrogen in urine that is a growth inhibitor - plants have oestrogen too, so are sensitive to it. As oestrogen is a neurohormone as well as a sex hormone, both males and females will have it, but males to a much lesser degree.
      Dog rocks I don't know about, but I do know that varying levels of acidity in humans diet will make the urine vary a lot in terms of uric acid, which might well be a culprit along with ammonia in killing or burning plants. So given a mineral that helps bind to insolubles/change pH in urine, you may well find that the effect on plants is much lessened. And as a bonus, your lovely dogs may also never suffer from kidney stones !
      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

It's no wonder our lawn died then Snohare as our dog Tess was on thyroxine & oestrogen tablets- must have added some strength to her urine!

Comment

Dog rocks still working..............saw them advertised in Sunday papers last weekend cheaper than on ebay. Go to www.dogrocks.co.uk

Comment

Lovely photo SueA. We have two dogs who cost us a fortune, old one going in to have his canine teeth removed next week poor thing. OH will have to prechew his food for him......

Comment

My OH used to sometimes try the dog's biscuits Bugeyes & thought that some of her meat looked appetising ,yeuch! Your poor dog will have to gum it's biscuits to death!

Comment

Tomatoe juice seems to work. Dog rocks i am going to try soon. But shop around i found it cheaper in a pet shop near me than direct from the company.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X