Baby Hedgehog

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Thanks Nicos. I gave my rabbit run away but I've got a large dog cage that I use for the chickens, so I could use that.

He seemed lethargic when I got up this morning, worried me a bit but he perked up when I gave him breakfast. They make big slurping noises when they eat. He sat in the bowl.
    I took him to the vets and left him with the nurse who's going to take his ticks out and give me a wormer for him. I was advised to use panacur for puppies. 10ml for 1kg! Not sure how to measure that, it's going to be 0.1ml for his 100grams. I have to collect him later.

Cheers Muddled! Looks like I have a new lodger
    If it is 10ml for 1kg then he/she is 100g that is 1/10 of a Kg so you need 1ml not 0.1ml.

Comment

^^^sorry Kirk, that was a typo. I'll it in post #17 - just incase someone else needs to dose up.

Panacur 10% is supposed to be quite mild, so slightly overdosing shouldn't hurt.

Dosage - 1ml per 1kg - wormer which includes lungworm
      Dose for 4 days, 7 day break and dose for a further 4 days.

http://www.msd-animal-health.co.uk/p...datasheet.aspx
      Last edited by Scarlet; 24-07-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

As I have mentioned in my own thead slugs pellets are to blame for their decline and you are lucky to find a hedgehog as I have not seen one for years. The most I have ever seen was when I went to the Uists in the Western Isles of Scotland in 2006 on hedgehog rescue.

Comment

I'd name him Kit!
          sigpic

Comment

How about Mr Tiggywinkle if he's a he...or just Tiggy

Thankfully I never use slug pellets and certainly never ever will now no matter what.
            Last edited by Verinda; 24-07-2015, 05:01 PM.
            The best things in life are not things.

Comment

I don't and won't either! As much as the slugs and snails really annoy me, I can't bring myself to kill anything!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Verinda View Post
                Thankfully I never use slug pellets and certainly never ever will now no matter what.
                I never have either

Comment

I'm just adding to this to say that when I took the hedgehog to the vet I had called prior to going and they were happy for me to take him in. I was expecting the nurse to give him a quick look over, just incase he had an injury that I couldn't see. Though they asked me to leave him there for the vet to look at him when she had 5mins spare, he was weighed, wormed and all his ticks removed. They called me when he was ready to be picked up And they didn't expect a penny. They said most vets have a "wildlife fund".

Comment

Looks like his luck was in when he trundled into your garden!!

you say 'he' ..did the vet agree with you???

Come on- it looks like he needs a name!!!!!!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

oh- and piccies- we need lots of piccies!

Comment

How about Spike
                        The best things in life are not things.

Comment

They didn't tell me! I'll get a mirror out tomorrow and have a look. If you try to turn him over he rolls up in a ball! I know he needs a name, I'll do some more pics but I'm trying my best not to handle him too much cos I know he's got to go

Comment

Just found this- it's sooo funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69g8CRFr4do

Comment

VC's suggestion of Teasel is a rather lovely (and unisex) name,

An honorable vet you have, Scarlet!
                              http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Update on the hedgehog my boys looked after him well. He's put on 15g since I picked him up. He weighs in at 114g, he still eating and drinking well.They lady who runs the hedgehog rescue said that they often just die in the early days so I'm still crossing my fingers but I'm hopeful
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X