Frogs!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    Frogspawnography there TS - great photos.
    I filmed them too, but I did feel a bit of a perv doing it
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Blimey you weren't kidding about them being busy busy TS! Good to see so many, I think I've only ever seen one on my garden.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        I filmed them too, but I did feel a bit of a perv doing it
        Froggin' heck! Fantastic photos TS.

Comment

It will be fine, wildlife ponds are not manicured, they just happen, don't worry

Comment

I have a neighbour with a large pond which is great as it means we don't need one! (not sure I trust the kiddies around one yet) But we do get a resident frog in the greenhouse who makes me jump everytime I water.... and I do have a toad who visits my front bit of wasteland I grow on... and yesterday I had a frog sittig on the front doorstep - wanting to come in for his tea perhaps?!

And when we built the extension we had a mahoosive deep hole as foundations testing... a little frog got stuck in it. The sides were too steep for him to get out. It took me an hour to rescue him - but I did it - I kept adding stones and rubble and it would jump on it til eventually I could get him out. I didn't half get into trouble for filling in the hole from the builders LOL

Think sometimes the cats carry them about as toys, they don't harm them, just like to amuse themselves with the funny little green things that hop if you touch them

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Apple View Post
              i go out late at night into the garden and the croaking of the frogs/ toads is abundant, my pond is not the cleanest, and i worry if the spawn will be affected by this... anyone advise me please?
              I think that tadpoles eat the algae when they're little. I was worried a couple of years ago and cleaned my pond up then read that they get nutrients from it.

Comment

Well, they are here again, but it is still too cold for the usual boiling water display, maybe soon.

And yes the taddies do eat the algae so don't remove it all.
                The cats' valet.

Comment

Spawn at last - interesting to see it is in a different area of the pond this year, probably due to the water temperature not being very high but higher where they are "at it"
                  The cats' valet.

Comment

This "friendly" couple appeared on the steps to my Production Company office!
                    I had to tell them that, sadly, those aren't the sort of films we make !!!!!!!

I think this might be my greenhouse ( very amateur) and other trivia blog page!!! Do feel free to drop in !

http://bradlo107.wordpress.com/

Comment

Great photo!!
                      Anyone else want a cwtch?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X