• First Wasp of 2013

In my house tonight - just waking up for spring perhaps
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bird seed thief :-)

Just spotted somebody stealing our bird food....lol

-------------------------------

Currently growing..

Peter Pepper,Moruga Scorpion,Habanero,Bhut Jolokia(yellow),Numex Twilight,Purple Jalapeno,Big Jim,Papri Paprika,Thai Hybrid,Esplendor,Sweet mini bell pepper and Patio fire chilli...

Also
      Black tomato,Dragons Egg Cucumbers and Charentais Melon

Comment

• bombylius major, helping to put the washing out this evening!
        Sorry about the quality, camera on my phone.
        <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]Here is a photo I took last year, September time so it's a bit out of season but I do love peacock butterflies!
          The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• Gathering a few lobworms for fishing tomorrow... i stumbled upon this little critter...

<*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• European Green Lizard

Very glad to come by this flourescent chap yesterday. It's a small one - the body is about the length of my hand - and hasn't developed the bright blue throat yet.

Didn't see any last year, but in 2011 we had three or four big adults.
              Attached Files
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• An upside down bumble bee on white comfrey
                Attached Files

Comment

• A bluetit

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• A bit blurred as it is pretty small - but one of the good guys!

We saw one glow worm glowing and no larvae the first year we were here - yesterday I found (and relocated) four larvae just in six square meters of veg bed. Its a pity they aren't a bit bigger, although I have seen one tackle one of those huge orange slugs.

And I have no idea why one of the pics is on here twice
                    Attached Files
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Went to the greenhouse to put the plants out to harden off & saw this .........

Caught it & inspected ..........

Gargled & found it ..... Bombylius major - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... noted it likes primroses & released it in a happy place .........

It seemed pleased & got into some serious noshing ..........

Attached Files
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]

Never seen one of those before bearded bloke. So glad you had some primroses for him.

This is a chaffinch, snapped on a nicer day than it is today...all we've had today is non stop lashing rain!

Comment

• Found this little fella buzzing around in the pear tree today in the back garden.

Comment

• Saw an Orange tip Butterfly today on the bluebells in the garden. He was too fast for me to photograph but there is the most beautiful film of a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis. Watch it - you won't regret the time, I promise!
                            Orange tip butterfly | Nature's Calendar

Comment

• I was just out slug hunting when I spotted this teeny weeny beetle. It is about 4mm long and a very pretty shiny green.

Does anyone know what type of beetle this is? I thought it was a mint beetle but when I checked images against this there are some differences that make me think otherwise.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by KittyColdNose; 16-05-2013, 09:41 PM. Reason: Added a Q.
                              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                              If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Saw an Orange tip Butterfly today on the bluebells in the garden. He was too fast for me to photograph but there is the most beautiful film of a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis. Watch it - you won't regret the time, I promise!
                                Orange tip butterfly | Nature's Calendar
                                Thanks for the film, the Orange Tip is my favourite. They've been on the wing down here since May 4th, I've seen lots of them fly past my allotment without stopping.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X