Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting in the garden, Mr PP says "what's that butterfly with the orange tips called?"
    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Got this from the garden last Spring, no ides who the Peacock belomgs to or where he may have come from. Looked a young bird and is around again this year.

Last edited by fishermann; 17-05-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Also got this friendly little chap in a hide where I live.

Dave

Comment

• Ooh, what a beautiful red squirrel
          The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• A Fox cub in the garden, the pot is about 15 inches tall to give you some idea of his size.

Dave
            Last edited by fishermann; 18-05-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Taken in Scotland a while ago , arond Loch Awe

Last edited by fishermann; 20-05-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• A few Cornish sunsets.

One from Lymington Marina whilst waiting for the ferry back home.

Dave

Comment

• Last but not least a couple from home.

Dave

Comment

• A couple more for you. Taken at Badachro, Scotland 2008.

A Pine Martin in the garden of the cottage we were holidaying at.

It would come for food but this was the only way we could slow him up to get a snap.

Comment

• Saw this little beauty in the ... ahem, wild bit of the garden

Swallowtail, I think?
                      Attached Files
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                        Saw this little beauty in the ... ahem, wild bit of the garden

Swallowtail, I think?
                        Yes, I think so. Only ever seen one in UK, although seen a few on holiday in mainland Europe. I didn't recognise your picture, but a quick google and I realised we are seeing the underside, like in the Wikimedia pic Scarce Swallowtail Butterfly In Summer, Italy Stock Photos - Image: 19432323
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Thank you Martin, I have a friend in Spain who also thinks it is a Scarce Swallowtail. We often have the more normal, brownish coloured ones here but I have never seen one like this before - it was a real treat
                          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                            Thank you Martin, I have a friend in Spain who also thinks it is a Scarce Swallowtail. We often have the more normal, brownish coloured ones here but I have never seen one like this before - it was a real treat
                            Ah, actually I put the wrong link in. I meant to post this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sw...er_flowers.jpg

which is your ordinary swallowtail. The two look pretty similar underneath though.
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Can anyone identify this butterfly, I took the picture last year, June I think. Is it a common blue?

[IMG][/IMG]
                              The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• Hi Verinda, I don`t know where you took the pic but all I can find that looks anything like this is the

" Karner Blue "

I am not saying I am right on this but if so it has been extinct in Britain since 1979 and is an endangered species in the States.

Looking at what I am writing I must be wrong.

Just have to keep looking.

Dave

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X