No announcement yet.

Goldfish in waterbutts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was thinking about doing it but didnt know if it got to hot in the summer(black water butts)

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
      gold fish are fine in other fishy company! they do not fight! Unlike Mr HF's chyclids!!! no idea how to spell it sorry....they are warm water fish and very territorial and fight to the death sometimes!
      Howdy HF, what sort does he have? I used to keep South American Cichlids - and most of them weren't too bad, but some of the Central American jobs that my dad kept were swine's.

Sorry to hijack the thread. As to Goldfish in butts so to speak, I think they'd be better in there than in goldfish bowl ! It's the surface area that regulates the stocking rate and not the volume but I would have thought that 2 would be OK but no more.
      Last edited by nick the grief; 07-03-2008, 02:35 PM.
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Hi Nick they are Malaowi Cichlids! I love them but they do hound each other to death.....makes me sad. He has kept this type of fish for 20 odd years now.

Sorry for my poor spelling!
        and sorry for another hijacking!

Comment

Ahh right, they are colour full though. I used to have 1 tank of Tanganikan's ( I've no idea how to spell that !) and they were similar
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Our butts were swarming with mozzie larvae last year, I might consider this.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by SMS6 View Post
              If you keep goldfish in the water butt does that mean you have to leave off the lids?

They surely wouldn't like living in the dark would they?
              You shouldn't put the lids on, the idea is to keep them in the large open topped butts that attract mosquitoes & midges because they are open stagnant water.
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I hate mosquitoes but having seen bats swooping over my pond gobbling them up and enjoying the feast at dusk, I feel much more inclined to tolerate them!

Comment

Shall go and get a companion for Bob on monday and yes you must leave the lid off, I've only got the one lidless butt so Bob lives in there.
                  Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X