X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And were off!

The seed sowing fest is done!

I have sown 5 seeds each of the below 32 variety's below!

Anaheim
    Barrett's Bonnet
    Big Jim
    Big Sun
    Birds eye
    Bishops hat
    British commodore dragon
    Bulgarian Carrot
    Cayenne
    Cayenne long and slim
    Cherry bomb
    Chocolate hab
    Early Jalapeņo
    Fresno
    Joes long
    Hungarian hot wax
    Lemon drop
    Nigel's outdoor
    Pardon
    Prairie fire
    Scotch bonnet red
    Scotch bonnet yellow
    Serrano
    Tabasco
    Yellow flame
    Zimbabwe black
    Veriegata

And because of you generous folks who sent me some seed and also for good measure!

Royal black
    Basque
    Rococo la paz and black hungarian

Ms-T I am not leaving your seeds out honest, so the Goronong yellow and Biquinho yellow will be sown some time soon!

Just now gunna see what germination rates are and make a decision from there, as there is no way on earth could I watch over or indeed have room for this lot!

It's just an idea I have!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Well done Deano
      Nice list as well

Comment

• That list is not in alphabetical order Deano..tut tut

Very impressive list Deano...I'm sure you will fit them in somewhere😁
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

• Seeds sown yesterday. Thanks to Chris11 "unknown" seeds, the identify chilli challenge has started. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Just sown DeCayenne(we like those) Sweet Pepper(only got one pepper last year but it was huge) and Hungarian Hot Wax(courtesy of Ms T)all in the heated propagator in the conservatory, still getting minus temps in the greenhouse.

Comment

• Nope! nothing yet!.................

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3583.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	2376458

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3586.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	2376459

Back to the propogater with you my little beauty's!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• I got 3 plants out of 6 to germinate. They're doing well with the first of their true leaves.

Non of my sweet peppers have germinated. I'm going to give them another week then re sow with different seed.

Comment

• Got a few new ones, namely Devils Tongue up and with 3 leaves now, so pleased with that.

Early sown (31st Oct 2017 are 'Romping away now....I dont know if its my eyes but I thought I could see flower buds forming ,Is this possible at this stage and is it good or bad news ..?/ Your opinions appreciated.
                  Gp
                  Attached Files
                  Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

• I think i'm at the potting on stage !so what size pot are recomended please? could I use 3inch paper pots ? atb Dal.
                    Last edited by Dalrimple; 12-02-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• First Golden Cayenne looping this morning

Will leave in propagator overnight and give it chance to lift its head, then hopefully on to the windowsill tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by geepee View Post
                        Got a few new ones, namely Devils Tongue up and with 3 leaves now, so pleased with that.

Early sown (31st Oct 2017 are 'Romping away now....I dont know if its my eyes but I thought I could see flower buds forming ,Is this possible at this stage and is it good or bad news ..?/ Your opinions appreciated.
                        Gp
                        I'd pick the buds off till the plant is a bit bigger. I'd also be tempted to pot it on into a big pot specially if root are showing at bottom of the pot it's in ( if you have the space ).

Originally posted by Dalrimple View Post
                        I think i'm at the potting on stage !so what size pot are recomended please? could I use 3inch paper pots ? atb Dal.
                        Those pots will be fine to start with.
                        Last edited by Small pumpkin; 12-02-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                          I'd pick the buds off till the plant is a bit bigger. I'd also be tempted to pot it on into a big pot specially if root are showing at bottom of the pot it's in ( if you have the space ).

Thanks SP, What temperature would you suggest after I've potted the Large/early ones up..??
                          Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

• The larger plants should be kept above 10 degrees but ideally a bit warmer than that so they continue to thrive..Room temp should be fine presuming they are inside and getting light
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by geepee View Post
                              Got a few new ones, namely Devils Tongue up and with 3 leaves now, so pleased with that.

Gp
                              You are so early with those early sown ones I think they cope with pinching out the top (it does hurt ) but they would branch out lovely - don't take my word for it though do a little research!
                              Last edited by Scarlet; 13-02-2018, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• First signs of life for me too Lemon Drop, Santaka, and BIG surprise last year's struggler Submarine all made appearances over the weekend. Excited to see what else comes through over the next few days, much like the weather I'm expecting a flurry this week

On the overwintering front the keepers are all relatively stable; I lost the smaller of each of my Espelette, and (so-called) 'Orange Thai' from self-saved seed, spares essentially so no big deal. My single overwintering superhot this year, a Trinidad Scorpion is circling the drain but it got cold damaged awhile back (surprised it's lasted this long). Still, bottom 4" still green so it may rally yet. Historically this one's always done well through winter provided it's healthy to begin with. The surviving Paper Lantern has a lot of dieback on it's upper branches; I'm just going to leave it and hope it buds from the main stem later on. Normally I'd prune off the dead stuff but I'm reluctant to disturb it less it weakens further or re-shoots prematurely. Hopefully it hangs on for spring sunshine. The rest no real change from a month ago. Three Apple Crisp plants (very mild, less than 1000 SHU) still the best performers this winter, in that they're unchanged in appearance from before Christmas with zero dieback. Though I'm probably most pleased with the progress of my Jalapeņo plant - previous attempts at Jalapeņo have been composting by now. Fingers crossed..
                                Last edited by Scarlet; 13-02-2018, 12:27 AM. Reason: Italics have a bug!(reported) Ive changed to bold.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X