• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that huge log table in the background
    sigpic

Comment

Fab, VC!

There's a kale in the way in my bean tunnel, but every time I go to lift it, its covered in Bees so I think, "oh, give it another week..."

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Update on the kale grown from cuttings that star in #27. the chooks, dogs and bees love them - I'm quite partial to the odd leaf too.

1st April

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86362[/ATTACH]

Today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86361[/ATTACH]
        VC when you say from cuttings, is that a plant that you have removed the growing head and left to re grow?
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

They're sideshoots from the parent plant. Photos in https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1520733

Comment

My one died this year ,no flowers on it .....but i have lots of seeds ,,thanks VC

Comment

A reminder!
              if you've grown any tall or perennial kale, have a look over them for side shoots that you can snap off the parent plants and turn into cuttings - like the ones at #9 .https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1520733

I took some off mine last week and plunged the cuttings deep into a bucket of soil. I'll leave them to root now and plant them out in spring.
              They'll also root in a pot of water - keep an eye on them and pot them up once the roots grow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X