Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That I was! And for dammed good reason I tell tell ya

"Defoe" on my grow list this year, this is a description from "Moreveg"

Frankly amazing deep pink cherry toms with a pronounced and lingering fruity flavour of raspberries, blackberries and other summer fruits: totally unique and must be tasted to be believed. Grow outside or under glass. Indeterminate.

And couldn't agree more!

I have some saved seed left over if anybody wants!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by mrsbusy View Post
      Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
      I must admit it took a little time to sort that lot. Thanks for the date for the Indian Bush, I'm sure I will love them, so far the only tomato I never want to grow again is Garden Pearl or the German equivalent.
      Interested to know more about why Garden Pearl gets the thumbs down? Interested 'cos I have a free packet of seeds from last year - guess free for a reason....
      I've grown garden pearl for the last couple of years and will grow it again. It is very floppy, so if you try to grow it in a bed or grow bag it will lie on the soil and tend to go mouldy. It wants a fairly tall pot or a hanging basket and then it is ok. It has quite a pronounced flavour when fully ripe, which like Sungold (although it doesn't taste the same) may not be to everyone's taste.
      Last edited by Scarlet; 15-01-2017, 06:52 PM. Reason: Fixing quote
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        You should have them Sparrow? They were in last years 2015 seed swap? Ive got some somewhere..will post if you can't find them.
        Petite Moineau /a currant tomato from Nicos
        Found them!

Slightly embarrassed that I have over 100 varieties of tomato. I've had to adopt VC's method of envelopes and alphabetising...
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I keep changing my tomato filing system as alphabetical doesn't always work for me. So I'm splitting them into growing type - like small pots, bush, vine, tumbling and alphabetical within those categories.
          Daren't count how many varieties

Comment

I've ended up with a spreadsheet that lists all my tomatoes and includes size, colour, leaf-type, growth habit, etc. Then I select cultivars from the list and it tells me what mix of plants I've got so that I can randomly select from my list to get the sort of mix I want this year. Then I can compare it with previous years so that I cycle through my (growing number of) cultivars.

My seeds are alphabetic.

Comment

What tomato varieties are you growing in 2017

I'm growing Cyril's Choice and Petit Moineau from last year and BLACK RUSSIAN;
              STONOR'S MOST PROLIFIC ; ARANYALMA; REISETOMATE POCKETBOOK as new ones. I also have a few White Queen left from 2 years ago and will see if they germinate.

Comment

Originally posted by Molliedollie View Post
                I'm growing Cyril's Choice and Petit Moineau from last year and BLACK RUSSIAN;
                STONOR'S MOST PROLIFIC ; ARANYALMA; REISETOMATE POCKETBOOK as new ones. I also have a few White Queen left from 2 years ago and will see if they germinate.
                Wow they sound interesting - apart from Black Russian all new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                  That I was! And for dammed good reason I tell tell ya

"Defoe" on my grow list this year, this is a description from "Moreveg"

Frankly amazing deep pink cherry toms with a pronounced and lingering fruity flavour of raspberries, blackberries and other summer fruits: totally unique and must be tasted to be believed. Grow outside or under glass. Indeterminate.

And couldn't agree more!

I have some saved seed left over if anybody wants!
                  If you have a few spares still I'll give a couple of them a bash.

Comment

Baldy and Scoot

Your "Rosella" seeds are bagged, enveloped and I will pop them in the post in the morning!
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I'd given up *all* hope

muchos gracias
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Thanks Deano.

Comment

They arrived today Deano. Thanks.

Comment

Mine arrived also this morning - well battered by the Royal Mail... but I guess the widdle seeds will be ok - will stick some in the propagator tonight.

Thanks Deano
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Bit of a long shot this, but I grew some yellow oval cherry tomatoes last year that did really well.

Trouble is, I bought them as small plants from the village show, and I've got no idea what they were.

I'd like to try them again, so is there a common variety that they are likely to be ?

They were definitely yellow, not orange, and oval shaped rather than round cherry ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                                They arrived today Deano. Thanks.
                                Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                                Mine arrived also this morning - well battered by the Royal Mail... but I guess the widdle seeds will be ok - will stick some in the propagator tonight.

Thanks Deano
                                Your both more than welcome!

If I can help out with anything else, give me a nod!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X