Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way back from school run I stopped for under 10 minutes and picked up 50 slugs/snails. I've restarted my home made nematode bucket...
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
      I've restarted my home made nematode bucket...
      I want to ask, but I've already thrown up once today...

Comment

• Patched my leaky shed roof with a staple gun and a thick plastic bag we had a mattress delivered in.
        To access the back of the shed I had to clear a patch of chest high nettles - said nettles are now thoroughly mashed and bashed inside a 25ltr water carrier, halfway to being my first batch of nettle tea of the season (need to do the comfrey too, that's gone beserk!).
        Went to sow another row of carrots, only to find that the first two rows which were doing well have been grazed off at ground level - it's time to get my secret weapon out of the fridge (nem@slug).
        Watered all the little pots and and baskets and tubs that seem to be everywhere.
        He-Pep!

Comment

• popped to the plot and checked on everything, looking good but weeds need sorting this weekend, I pulled about 3 or 4 large ones but the rest are just a blanket of tiny leaves, I will hoe them out tomorrow (I have a day off work YAY), took some photos of plants on the new plot that i need to ID but uploading here is a bit of a faff

Been looking after my chilli's and nursing my giant marrows that have popped up and just need to ditch the seed casing off the leaves, another week or two and they will be down the plot into the little mounds I have prepared for them can't wait to see if I can grow a whopper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
            On way back from school run I stopped for under 10 minutes and picked up 50 slugs/snails. I've restarted my home made nematode bucket...
            You should do that on the way to school - your kids would love it! (Unless they're teenagers, in which case they'd be mortified)
            He-Pep!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
              I want to ask, but I've already thrown up once today...
              The war on slugs starts at home - Telegraph
              sigpic

Comment

• I am ON a TRAIN...

*bilious

Comment

• Sowed replacement seeds as the ones on my living room windowsill had an accident

Runner Bean 'Red Rum' x 6
                  Runner Bean 'Painted Lady' x 6
                  Borlotto Bean 'Lingua di Fuoco' x 8
                  Climbing French Bean 'Cobra' x 10
                  Pea 'Hurst Greenshaft' x 16
                  Kale 'Nero de Toscano' x 4
                  Cucamelon x 6
                  Tromboncino x 4
                  If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• I'll eat anything that's breadcrumbed and deep fried. Someone else will have to prep the slugs though - sounds like far too much of a faff!

Comment

• Great Escape !

Went up at lunchtime - chap who mows the edge of the plot had clipped my nematode bucket with his sit on mower, removing the lid. I was only able to round up one slug - t'was one of the big orange critters - s/he shall pay for her/his tardiness.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The "Artisan Tomato Collection" as arrived! Looking a little sad! But shall pot em on in the morning, just hoping to save seed if nothing else!
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Went to work, came home, got the wet washing in, then had to put the things in pots that I was trying to dry out a bit (very wet from tons of rain) back under any cover from the rain I could find arghh
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Just got back off holiday so havent been up the plot yet, due to the rain.
                            The capillary matting system that i set up indoors for the tomatoes, cucumbers, courgette, bedding plants etc, has been a HUGE sucess, I swear the plants have grown at least a foot in a week! The conservatory looks more like Kew Gardens. However I'll know for next time not to put too much water in the mats, some of them were swimming in water.

Comment

• I think it's our hottest day this year, cut grass watered stuff and went for a walk round the fields near our village.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Running.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	2372633
                              and disturbed this one. One of those days that's great to be outside.

Comment

• Planted out spinach, mixed lettuce, rocket that were grown in newspaper pots, rest of the day I spent cutting up tree branches.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X