Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sowed some flower, lettuce and radish seeds - now in the propagator.
    Potted up some lettuce seedlings,
    Pricked out some Ishikura onion seedlings.
    Smiled a lot when I saw that the tomato, cauli and leek seeds sown 29th December have germinated already. Took them out of the prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Send Norfolkgrey a PM, she'll put you right.
      Is it Norfolk grey that runs the vsp now then? I've been away... far far away!
      You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

The VSP has been split up. So far, 2 sections are up and running

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sts_91832.html

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sts_92074.html

Comment

My propogator arrived . Planning to sow chillies today.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Happy New Year, everyone!

I am truly excited to be here. Being an advanced gardener (I dare to think I am) there are a lot of facts about garden maintenance I am not really familiar with. I am sure I will find here a lot of useful information. Thanks and have a fabulous 2017!

Best Regards,
            Aimee
            Last edited by Nicos; 03-01-2017, 03:26 PM. Reason: Removal of advertising

Comment

Constructed a 'frame' for my ikea growlights using wooden strips from an old ikea wardrobe... Given it a lick of primer/undercoat - need to work out where to put it - I expect Mrs Balders will say its "too shabby and not enough chic"
              to stay in the house.
              I'm thinking that it might end up in the unheated greenhouse, inside a blowaway. Put one of the propagators in there too.
              Popped to the allotment and deposited a couple of sackfuls of guinea pig goodness... bit too cold to do much else up there.
              Back to work tomorrow
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Bought my seed potatos from b&q.
                2k bag of charlotte ( 23 pots) £4.
                2k bag of rocket ( 30 pots, granted 3 or 4 small ones ) £4

2 bags for £6.

Comment

As the soft fruit trees in the Poly were showing signs of life, I freshened up the beds & gave them their first drink of the year.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Whilst topping up the bird feeders I noticed my broad beans have germinated,they're about one inch tall. Watered my hyacinths in the shed I haven't looked at them yet,I wonder if they're growing. Removed two petunias that I'd forgotten about,I've put my Christmas tree out there ready for cutting (makes good soil cover to keep my cat off my planting areas & good for peas to climb up).

Comment

Planted garlic pods. Chillies, mint.

Comment

Brought some more flower seeds (ooopsy), Brought timber for fruit beds. Ordered 1200L 1/3 compost, 1/3 topsoil, 1/3 well rotted manure mix to fill said fruit beds. Sown Leek Lyon, Skylark, Frances Kate and Nimbus sweet peas, plus Erynginum Alpina. Did a few happy dances because i got all of the above done.

Comment

Brought my surfing and visiting shops looking for grow lights and ancillary items to a conclusion just before bed last night and have ordered the items I need for my second stage grow station. have now received the parts for my first grow station and the Apex Rotary Soil Sieve Compost Sieve Mesh Riddle from Germany
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Cadalot; 07-01-2017, 07:16 AM.
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Spent the afternoon aligning the 15 new raised beds to a grid and started the laborious task of digging the top third of the second plot.

Comment

Spent the morning splittin' logs, had a nap, just finished dinner & am now gonna settle down to "Johnny 5 is alive"...............
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Mostly clearing out the potting up GH - matching up all the odd flowerpots and stacking them, ready for action. I even - sorry - threw a few away

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X