Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 reaper plants at the back starting to grow tiny buds it won't be long now I'm sure

412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

• MIC I'm ignoring this one too!

Comment

• Most pepper plants now growing tiny buds. Smallest reaper plant has a couple, middle size has loads of pods and biggest plant has odd ones scattered. Looks fun

Last edited by mic; 16-06-2017, 10:28 AM.
        412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

• All my plants are a little bit behind, but hoping they will catch up, starting with the good weather forecast for this weekend. I had far too many plants, especially tomatoes. The chillies have been in the house longer than I'd like, while I was waiting for room in the greenhouse. Hopefully they've established good root systems so they will really take off with good weather and extra light in greenhouse.

My Elysium Oxide F7s have been strong growers. The 7 Pot is doing well, and is the hottest chill I've ever grown. A Chenzo has pods and flowers, and looks like it will be the earliest producer for me this year

Have about 25 chilli varieties plus 4 types of sweet peppers. Plus the six surviving unknowns from The Great Feline Related Chilli Disaster. Five of them look like C. chinense varieties, plus one which looks like a sweet pepper.

Inevitably was too ambitious with original grow list, but better to have spares than not enough . New homes have been found locally for the spare plants.

Comment

• I picked 3 chenzo peppers last week. it hasn't bushed up alot. silly I got just one plant from 5 germinated at the end.

Comment

• My chenzos all have chillis on them now, the biggest are about two inches long and black, are they meant to go red eventually? How do you know when they are ready?

They go outside during the day and the bees are loving them! I didn't expect them to be such a bee magnet

Comment

• Originally posted by magicmarigold View Post
                My chenzos all have chillis on them now, the biggest are about two inches long and black, are they meant to go red eventually? How do you know when they are ready?

They go outside during the day and the bees are loving them! I didn't expect them to be such a bee magnet
                I have one Chenzo still indoors, the others are outside full time now. Like yours, the chillies are still black, have been for weeks. I'm expecting them to turn red but it seems to be taking a long time. Just looked it up, first pods set 29/4 and turned from green to black by 6/5 so that's over 6 weeks.

Comment

• Yesterday was a big potting up day. I planted two more outdoor pots to add to the existing ones. Now I have Aji Omnicolor (two pots), Sugar Rush, Aji Pineapple, Aji Melocoton, Etna (three plants in one pot), Filius Blue (three plants in one pot), Chenzo (two plants in one pot), Aleppo and Cayenne (two golden and one red in the same pot,) all outside full time. Eight of them are in the plastic mini greenhouse.

I also potted up nine chinense varieties into their 6l chilligrow pots on the bedroom window, several weeks after I should have done. I had to tie up and trim some of them as we couldn't close the curtains.

Still not potted up: 18 plants, with room for just five on the spare bedroom windowsill. Some should be happy outdoors but I've only got two of the balconniere (self-watering) pots left so I don't know what's going to happen to the others. Ho hum.

Froze bags of Aji Omnicolor, Gusto Purple and mixed Bonnets, and we've still got plenty of fresh pods left to use. Hopefully once the plants have settled into their new pots, I'll be inundated with chillies.

Comment

• Oh and still not dared to try a Reaper pod. My other half ate an unripe one, (I accidentally knocked it off when moving the plant,) and survived. I gave a tiny one away but the recipient hasn't tried it yet, and we have four pods just sitting on the kitchen table looking menacing. The plant doesn't seem in any hurry to produce any more, but they are notorious for low productivity so I don't think I've done too badly getting six pods this early in the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                      Oh and still not dared to try a Reaper pod. My other half ate an unripe one, (I accidentally knocked it off when moving the plant,) and survived. I gave a tiny one away but the recipient hasn't tried it yet, and we have four pods just sitting on the kitchen table looking menacing. The plant doesn't seem in any hurry to produce any more, but they are notorious for low productivity so I don't think I've done too badly getting six pods this early in the year.
                      I haven't even got flowers on mine yet so you have done well

Comment

• Originally posted by magicmarigold View Post
                        My chenzos all have chillis on them now, the biggest are about two inches long and black, are they meant to go red eventually? How do you know when they are ready?

I treat chillies as veg not a fruit, so pick them when they are green mostly

Comment

• Originally posted by damian1225 View Post
                          I haven't even got flowers on mine yet so you have done well
                          I started them in December and grew on under lights so they are early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
                            I treat chillies as veg not a fruit, so pick them when they are green mostly
                            Interesting; how do you know when they are fully grown and ready to pick?

Comment

• My "Nigel's Outdoor" is "Rocking"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2301.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	2373249

Size of my thumb!

The rest do have fruit set, but hoping now potted on they'll "Romp Away"
                              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• My chillies are about 18-19 inches high so far, which I'm really pleased with as they're the first things I've ever grown. I have 3 jalapeno and 3 cayenne. I had 18 plants but I've given most of them away to friends now as 6 is way more than I could ever need! It's all so exciting

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170622_45609.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	2373250

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X