Trinidad scorpion
    Dorset Naga
    Carolina reaper
    Loco
    Hungarian wax
    Prairie Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Trip, didn't you just make your light? I'm thinking of going to B& Q I'm just rubbish at electrics..well any DIY really, and my brain switches off when I read t5 tube, growlights, lux etc....
      No much too dangerous for me to be messing around with electricity
      I bought mine a few years ago and only just started using it last year... I also bought a thermostatic controlled Propagator with lights last year so all set now😀
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

• ^^^im not jealous at all!

Comment

I dried my cayennes and used them on my Christmas wreath as devorations
          You know, I'm so tempted to get some chillies going just to do this next year - I have a friend who is very keen on chillis, he'd love it. I really ought to figure out peppers first though...

Comment

• Chillies are easier to grow than peppers...honestly just try some cayennes to start

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary7391 View Post
              Amazed at the number of chillies being planted - what do you do with them all!?
              It's a bit of a running joke in our house that whatever we're having for tea, I say "Do you want chillies with that?" I've mainly put them in curries and chilli con carne, and I made some chilli jam, chilli vodka and put some in pickle jars. If I succeed in growing more this year then we'll probably try drying them and grinding for flakes and powder as well as making hot sauces.

If I'm lucky enough to get the Carolina Reapers to fruit, they'll probably be used in a chilli eating contest for my husband's mates who reckon they can eat any heat of pepper.
              Last edited by Mitzi; 07-01-2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Chillies are easier to grow than peppers...honestly just try some cayennes to start

Okay... I've had this page open all day... Would they also be easier than peppers? Or is it just the cayennes that are easy? I do eat hot things but not sure a whole bush worth is doable on my own. But with the purple I could even justify it to my mother - it'll match my bedroom ! And they'll make decent decorations/presents.

Comment

• Okay, filled pots and sowed seeds for the fallowing varieties:

Apache
                  Chenzo
                  Tabasco
                  Baranico
                  JoesLong
                  Serrano
                  Milas Bulgarian
                  Salsa
                  Potblack
                  Demon Red

Another 15 more varieties planned to sow. definately not going for very hot types.so I may give away demon red lants if at all they germinate..

Comment

Okay... I've had this page open all day... Would they also be easier than peppers? Or is it just the cayennes that are easy? I do eat hot things but not sure a whole bush worth is doable on my own. But with the purple I could even justify it to my mother - it'll match my bedroom ! And they'll make decent decorations/presents.
                    I'm going to grow Numex Twilight this year (sowing in February, probably.). I'm expecting it to be easy to grow. Not the most flavourful but pretty, and like you I'm persuading my mum to have them on her patio.

As a general note, I wouldn't buy chilli seeds from flea bay unless you know the supplier is reliable. People have spent months growing out seeds only to find when they fruit that they're not the variety they wanted.

Comment

• My plants in the pop bottle SWPs are coming along nicely. Today they look like this:

Some of the overwinters are showing new growth - the Gusto Purple has lots of tiny new shoots/leaves coming, and the Super Chilli (if such it is) is even forming a couple of flower buds. I've increased the watering slightly and given them a very dilute feed of Chilli Focus. I was planning to repot them in late Feb or early March but now I'm thinking it might need to be sooner. Any advice from you more experienced overwinterers?

Comment

• For comparison, the pic of them six days ago is in post #88 (at the bottom of page 11 on my computer.)

Comment

. But with the purple I could even justify it to my mother - it'll match my bedroom ! And they'll make decent decorations/presents.
                          They are lovely plants but they won't give you as much of a crop as the cayennes. Though if you are just growing on a bedroom windowsil size is an issue this would be a good choice.

Comment

• I wouldn't pot on just yet Mitzi, they are only just finding their feet.

#for your info...ive only got 8pages on this thread

Comment

#for your info...ive only got 8pages on this thread
                              I wondered if the display would vary on different platforms. For what it's worth, I can't use this forum at all on my phone. The phone is quite old but is fine with other websites. But on this one, I get the "what to do in your garden in December" popup obscuring almost the whole screen and there's no way of clearing it, I either can't see the little X in the top corner or else clicking on it has no effect. It makes the site completely unusable.

Comment

• I use my phone all the time.
                                Zoom in and click the X on the advert.
                                Also scroll to the bottom of the page. In the LH corner is s box with GYO 4 (I think) click on the button and choose the option with DEV displayed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X