Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the idea of using a pipette to water seedlings! I planted 2 sorts of pepper yesterday:

Orange Bell Early Sweet Pepper
    Amy Sweet Hungarian Wax Pepper

Just 2 of each - I'm a windowsill gardener, this is my first foray into not anything herbs/salad. Amazed at the number of chillies being planted - what do you do with them all!?

Comment

• good question rosemary ,im hoping to use mine in currys ,salsa,chilli and jerk chicken type sauses,theres plenty of stuff on you tube about how to make stuff i just made "al`s kitchens" chicken masala and it was lovely ,im going to try his lamb kebabs next ,cheers
      The Dude abides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary7391 View Post
        what do you do with them all!?
        I cook mine..usually make sauces/chilli jams etc. pickled peppers, dried..

Comment

• oh yes im going to try chilli jam too
          The Dude abides.

Comment

• What Scarlet said and i freeze them to put in whole what i am cooking.

Comment

• I'm not sure I could cook so many - guess it depends how many are eating and how many chillies you get per plant.

Comment

• It's surprising how many chillies you need to make a good sauce, they reduce down loads and it's easy Christmas pressies for peeps. I get loads of requests. If you are just a window sill grower perhaps grow the smaller plants that don't give huge crops...I grew tri colour varigata last year, beautiful looking plant and would look lovely on the windowsill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                  What Scarlet said and i freeze them to put in whole what i am cooking.
                  I dried my cayennes and used them on my Christmas wreath as devorations

Comment

• Hi all grew my first chillies last season
                    thai hot
                    Habanero
                    jalapeņo
                    scotch bonet

All of which I am attempting to over winter

Plan on planting in my new heated prop that santa got me

Aji limon
                    cherry bomb
                    numex twilight
                    Paper Lanton
                    prairie fire
                    heatwave

All of which will live in my new greenhouse I picked up off free cycle may add another jalapeņo to this maybe purple

Loved following the thread last season thought I would participate this year

Comment

• I have about 20 in the freezer keep forgetting they are there

Comment

• Originally posted by worm74 View Post
                        Loved following the thread last season thought I would participate this year
                        Brilliant! The more, the merrier
                        Great list too you may fancy joining our chilli swap?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                          I've lost count but that must be over 20 varieties! Do you have lots of room? What will you do with them all?
                          Yea, I think that's 24 varieties so far and I still have all my Jalapeņos and a few others to do yet😊
                          I do have a growlight so that helps and also have plenty of greenhouse space for later on..

Regarding what to do with them, well there is lots I do.. Chilli powder, flakes, relish, sauce, jam, chutney, freezing, oil and so on.
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

• Trip, didn't you just make your light? I'm thinking of going to B& Q I'm just rubbish at electrics..well any DIY really, and my brain switches off when I read t5 tube, growlights, lux etc....

Comment

• I'm with you there Scarlet, it makes my tiny little brain hurt !

Do any of you use heat mats? Like this for your chillies

I think I need another source of heat for them when they get pricked out of the propagator. And juggling the propagator between germination and under the grow light isn't going to work again because as soon as this lot are pricked out I will be re sowing.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on heat mats, any advice. Thank you
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I use my sons old heat mats that he used for his retiles, ideal for most stuff but not suerhots, can be picked up for pennies on gumtree if your lucky.

Found this site the other days, love my pickled jalapenos, plenty of other ideas there which will also work for most other chillis in some guise .

Jalapeno Recipes, Cooking, Growing, Preserving and More

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X