No announcement yet.

What do you wear on your feet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety boots all year round here, been there, done that and got the scars to prove it !

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Naughty, Naughty.
      He might wear the trousers, but I tell him which ones...

Comment

I saw some solid croc type shoes in the GC this morning, all I could think was how much my feet would sweat! The holey ones would be ok for pottering I suppose (as long as no one sees me) - they already laugh at my huge, victorian lady wide-brimmed straw hat.

Comment

Can you not get away with forking the ground over. Digging with a spade will cut through the soles over time. However, forks have rounded edges so are fine with crocs or similar

Comment

I wear light walking boots or trainers in summer. We've too many red ants to attempt anything more appealing. Plus my digging seems never ending...
            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Steel toe caps for me as usually go to plot after work so would be daft to change footwear at 2.30 in the afternoon for 2 hours plot work.
              When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                Can you not get away with forking the ground over. Digging with a spade will cut through the soles over time. However, forks have rounded edges so are fine with crocs or similar
                We're still in the process of putting the hard landscaping in, paths, edges, fences etc, so some digging is still needed, but yes for the most part I could probably get away with just using a fork. I do find a digging fork is easier than a spade most of the time.

Comment

Old trainers in dry weather, cheapo crocs when not doing heavy stuff ...
                  Walking boots when it's wet and claggy
                  ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                  a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Don't do any digging or lawn mowing so crocs are fine for me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      Rigger Boots irrespective of the weather.
                      Same here if I'm doing any work. If just harvesting I'll potter around in sandals in trainers but gave seen too many foot injuries to not wear steel protection and my 20 year old site riggers have plenty of life in them yet - I do like to protect my tootsies

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                      I wear crocs in the garden.
                      Tried a pair on once as a friend raved about them. To get them the right length for me they were stupidly wide and my feet could roll around like they were in boats. Even after a couple of minutes they felt uncomfortable and plastic always looks sweaty but they must suit some people as so many are bought. Seem expensive for a gardening shoe though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I do not dig, rake, fork etc so in this weather it's walking sandals with a decent tread underneath
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Usually riggers unless I'm just popping up to harvest, then it's whatever I already have on.
                          Last edited by snakeshack; 10-05-2016, 05:28 AM.
                          don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                          remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Mucker boots for me - waterproof at the bottom and breathable at the top. Useful for being around the horses too
                            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Wellies. Always wellies. We're in Cumbria, and on clay, so it's always muddy, and our plot is most successful at growing broken glass and rusty nails... I do a lot of my work kneeling, and they help protect my shins, too.

And it's never that hot up here, anyway.

Comment

I wear mostly muck Sandals or crocs as I joined the no dig brigade. And I used to work in 'Elf and Safety..... :O

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X