No announcement yet.

What do you wear on your feet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear boots when i am digging and sandals when i am pottering about in the garden

Comment

Cheap £10 boots most of the time. I'm mostly a careful person with my feets (touchwood), so these few days I was wearing nice heels that went with my outfits - the one time I needed to replant a blueberry the dog dug up, the hard bottom of the heels are very good for it actually..

But sometimes... Barefoot. I like the feeling of the ground on my feet
      Forgive me for my pages of text.

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
        I wear 'Country Boots'. Ariat Grasmeres mostly.
        Wow they are lovely, but would swallow my seed and plant budget for the year!! One for the Christmas list
        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by craftymarie View Post
          If it's super dry I poodle on out with my comfy slippers - we have hard floors which get swept daily so not too worried about traipsing muck in Otherwise pink clogs or ankle height wellies if really wet.

I like shoes I can just slip my feet into - no having to bend over and pull anything up or tie laces. Too impatient to get outside
          Very much the same here as I just garden at home...I wear fit flop mules for slippers, these are great for gardening in when it's dry or if I'm just pottering in the GH. When it's muddy, or I need something firm on my feet I have a pair of slip on steel toe cap safety shoes.

Comment

If Im gardening at home, Im usually barefoot too. Actually most of the time Im barefoot, I find shoes/boots/socks very restrictive, hence the reason for the post!

Comment

I used to barefoot a lot in my younger days but, ever since I sliced my toe open on broken glass, I keep my shoes on outdoors. Been there done it, got the scars to prove it

Comment

^^^^^^^^Me too VC right on the ball of me left foot.

Any road if this rain keeps up I'll be changing to ...................................FLIPPERS and SNORKEL....
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I'd love to be able to walk about barefoot but the amount of rusty nails and broken glass I've dug out of the garden this past year stops me outside, and I have two cats so the past experience of stepping on a still-damp hairball first thing in the morning means socks at the very least!

Comment

I bought a fantastic pair I'd clogs from Lidl £4.99!
                    @thecluelessgardener

Comment

No bare anything here, ticks can get in the grass.
                      Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X