No announcement yet.

Carolina reaper chilli

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can just drop a whole chilli in and fish it out whole as SP suggested. You can also carefully scrape the placenta (where the capsaicin is) and seeds from the pepper and just use the flesh. Although you will rupture the placenta when scraping it out and so some capsaicin will be released onto the flesh, you will get the flavour from the flesh and not just the heat.

And I do often nibble on orange habaneros when I'm chopping them. Don't tend to nibble on Nagas so much though
    Last edited by spamvindaloo; 16-04-2016, 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
      I believe some people that cook with chilli's all the time never eat the super hots. They put a whole chill in the dish they are cooking and remove it before serving. Apparently that is more than enough to do whatever is needed. Can't remember where I got that information. It maybe complete BS.
      What ever you do with your super hots, just give them the respect they deserve. Because they are more than capable of hospitalising you.
      Right I'm off for a chat with my Naga's and ghost scorpion's
      I often do that when making a chilli.. I don't cut them at all.
      When cooking fish I do the same Spam!
      Though particularly hot chillies are great for giving your show off brother to eat fresh while having a beer he can eat extra hot food..not! I still laugh everytime I think of him hanging over the sink trying to swill his mouth out and drinking milk for the next hour.

Comment

You add Chilli to Spam scarlet ?, cant say i blame you

Comment

We should get SpamVindaloos recipe - it's supposed to be good

Comment

Can you buy Carolina Reaper fruits as I have a particularly pompous son in law who brags about his ability to eat any chilli.

It would make an interesting birthday pressie for him!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

think you can buy the sauce lumpy, give him a tablespoon of that

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                Can you buy Carolina Reaper fruits as I have a particularly pompous son in law who brags about his ability to eat any chilli.

You can buy some serious sauces. My brother gave me a bottle of "d@ves insanity sauce" it had on the label, something like... strips the oil off garage floors I just used to dip the tip of a knife in it to flavour a huge pan of chilli. Give him a large tablespoon

Comment

I must say I also used it when I had a egg eater in one lot off chickens. I just used it to put in some eggs. they gave up the egg eating habit fairly quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post

It would be worth growing some super hot chilli's just to feed to your pompous son in law ( love that ).
                    I've just had a light bulb moment! I will send you a selection of chilli's when ( if ) they fruit. You can play Russian roulette with the Pompous son in law . I will let you know which is which obviously. I've not got any Carolina reaper, but I do have some Naga's, ghost and scorpions. I'll send you some milder once as well like scotch bonnet, habanero, Thai dragon just to make it more fun ( for you )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      You can buy some serious sauces. My brother gave me a bottle of "d@ves insanity sauce" it had on the label, something like... strips the oil off garage floors I just used to dip the tip of a knife in it to flavour a huge pan of chilli. Give him a large tablespoon
                      About twelve years ago now, I went through a period of trying lots of hot sauces from the internet. Dave's insanity sauce is what is called an extract sauce as they use a chemical to extract the capsaicin which usually leaves a nasty bitter taste behind. Much better to look for a natural sauce or simply grow loads of chillies, perfect your own hot sauce recipe and share it with us.

Chillies weren't as mainstream back then and it was much easier to persuade your unsuspecting colleague to try some of this 'spicy' sauce to see what they think Or use a flat knife to lift the cheese off somebody's pizza and pour insanity sauce underneath before putting the cheese back down them were the days
                      Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Thanks all - generous with your info as usual.

SP that would be brilliant. Just let me know when you have one or two ready and I will send some stamps up.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by spamvindaloo View Post
                          About twelve years ago now, I went through a period of trying lots of hot sauces from the internet.:
                          My brother was the same - That's how I ended up with a bottle. He also played a few tricks with it

Comment

I have a couple of reapers on the go at the moment, previously grown Naga's, ghosts, 7 pots and morouga scorpions etc.. I like to make a hot sauce with mine and then I can add as much or as little heat as required to dishes or use as a dipping sauce or add to mayo etc its very versatile..

as well as my two reapers I also have for 2017..

Peter P
                            Fatalli
                            Rotoco
                            China long pod
                            Ohnivec
                            Lemon drop
                            Lg cherry red
                            Scotch bonnet
                            Peach ghost scorpion

a lot of those are also new varieties for me, when I get some flowers/fruits set I will add photo's for you all, im also keen to try cross pollenating and grafting this year so have some spare plants to play with
                            Last edited by damian1225; 23-05-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

i wonder if anyone who has grown a Carolina reaper once, grows one again I wonder, or is it a been there, done that, got the I ate a reaper t-shirt then gone back to something that you can actually eat sort of chili?
                              Follow my grow and cook your own blog

https://tabularasa.org.uk/
                              Wordpress Reader: Tabularassa99
                              Facebook: https://mfacebook.com/tabularasathrive
                              Instagram: Tabularasathrive

Comment

Originally posted by ecudc View Post
                                i wonder if anyone who has grown a Carolina reaper once, grows one again I wonder, or is it a been there, done that, got the I ate a reaper t-shirt then gone back to something that you can actually eat sort of chili?
                                I find KFC can be too spicy after a while so for me it's more a case of t-shirt job. Don't know why chose to grow 3 plants tho, bit overkill
                                412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X