Tomato growing diary 2016

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errrrm I will post pics.
    The two bought (tomato berry) are in (OH says about 2.5inch high), bought them in those.

The others with cuc plants (all gifts) , toms in about 6" high pots. They have doubled in size in 2days heirloom varieties apparently .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Containergardener; 07-05-2016, 08:09 PM.
    Northern England.

Comment

• CG! Your just one them annoying people who can't "Systomise n keep random" using differing pots just confuses the hell!

Just knock em on to 9 inch pots to let em get there roots in!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• In my defence I bought in the 2 1/2 inch and OHs uncle gave me others in those already 6" . I had nothing to do with them
        I shall repot as instructed for the OCD folk .... Cheers deano .
        Northern England.

Comment

• I've just planted out a few sturdy plants covered with perforated plastic sheeting.. lots and lots more seedlings coming up in the shed. Cordons are red cherry, yellow something or other, san marzano and bush roma. Also a random packet of regular red. I'm sowing everything in the hope that something works! Underplanted the raised bed tomatoes with basil seed. Fingers crossed for no frost!

Comment

• Overnight Temps getting down to 3c by end of next week. Think I might have to fetch all 16 of my tomato plants bk into the house if it's going to be that cold.

That'll go down well.

Comment

• Scoot mine are still in my living room because of that . You seem to get similar temps to me .
              We will get there
              Northern England.

Comment

• Are you supposed to take off the first..truss(?) of flowers or they're supposed to stay on? All mine are cordon but only the cherry has tiny flower buds on
                Forgive me for my pages of text.

Comment

• I don't take any flowers off - flowers turn into fruit and its the fruit that I want to eat!
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                    Scoot mine are still in my living room because of that . You seem to get similar temps to me .
                    We will get there
                    Yeah, you're not really all that far away from me really.

Definitely going to fetch mine in on a night come the weekend.

Since potting them into their final pots, they all look so much happier and a few of them are actually flying away now. Noticed tiny flower buds on my Red Pear and Tigerella which gave my great pleasure.

Comment

• Well theres no way in fetching 23 toms in MFBs in doors nowlol, dont think itll get quite that low here tho
                      good luck.

Comment

• Too late for me to bring mine in...I potted this lot on on Friday morning. Just one or two too many trays to carry now.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone got any idea why my cream sausage tomato plants are so thin and feeble looking. There's 4 of them and they're all the same. All the other varieties are fine.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I have grown cream sausage but it was a long time ago so I'm not really sure what they look like but that growth habit is very similar to some other varieties ive grown over the last few years. Black icicle has that wispy, long droopy look. I think you'll find that there's nothing wrong with them.

Comment

• Thanks Scarlet, that's nice to know. Thery're so flimzy looking and it's literally just them.

Comment

• They look flimsy becsuse the pot is too big for the size of the plant.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X