Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January photos - just after the ash tree had been felled.
    Lots of work to do in this part of the garden - think I said that last year

Same view - January 2015
    Attached Files
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-01-2016, 12:29 AM.

Comment

January. It's not as tidy as I would like for this time of year. Considering it was neglected for about 80% of last year, it's not to bad.

Taken from the gateway of my veggie garden

Taken from the path between my two tunnels

Taken from far end of garden looking back to the gate
      Attached Files

Comment

I notice us iPad users images are "Minute" again!

Although I thought admin had rectified this a few weeks back!
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I hadn't noticed that. I wondered why the images took so long to load.

Comment

SP! Been the same a good few weeks again! I really thought Admin had sorted it!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

February

Near the hotbin

Not a lot of change, although thankfully less flooded. The brokali has been providing a slow stream of spears. I haven't grown this before but prefer the taste to PSB.

Near the apple tree

The currant bush has now been pruned.

From under the archway looking south

Nothing much has changed here. Slowly munching my way through the carrots.

The dark area behind the fruit cage

Some empty pots of compost waiting for spring.

The veg garden

Brassicas have been uncovered in case of snow and are looking a bit worse for wear from wind and slugs. A rather tattered tub of spinach in the foreground and strawberry plants enjoying a privileged position in the only available sunlight (when the sun comes out) on the shelving. Onions have been planted under the fleece.
              Attached Files
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Jan to Feb:

Plot - All now uncovered & ready for planting, new fence now installed:

Squash Beds - Old pallets replaced with 6'6" wide pallets which should be stronger to allow squashes to scramble up:

Pond - I wouldn't expect any change here till Spring/Summer:

Fence, South Side - Pallets now covered with reed fencing, horizontal wires fitted & a Jasmine transplanted:

Fence, North Side - This fence has been repositioned to now run North to South, pallets covered with reed fencing & horizontal wires fitted to grow Zéphirine Drouhin:

Attached Files
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Taking shape bud

Comment

Looking really good!
                    If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

I think like everyone else, it's just a blank canvas at the mo but thanks anyway.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Well done for doing all that work in January, BM! I feel guilty now, I've got loads of projects to start on my plot, but I've been putting them all off till it's lighter/drier - then i know I'll have no time to do them because I'll be busy looking after the crops themselves, and another season will go by...
                        He-Pep!

Comment

One hour a day should get you back on track Bario.

Comment

I've made a list in my diary of jobs which I want to get done before the weather picks up and growing begins in earnest Just stuff like tidying up the polytunnel, sorting through my stash of pots in the shed so I have a supply ready to hand in the greenhouse for seeds and doodling a growing plan so I know where everything is going. Once the ground starts to dry out properly I still have a bit of digging to do (and moss removed from paths before we lay the membrane down for proper paths) but, so far, I feel like everything is on track

No doubt in two months' time I'll be flapping like a headless chicken
                            If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Been recovering a bank that runs along the left hand side of my plot, thought I would pop it on here to track the changes.

I am unsure what to use it for but at the moment I think it will be for my pumpkins.

Autumn 2015

Progress to date

Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to add what I dug out today......back breaking but worth it!

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X