Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four leeks and a bucketful of maincrop carrots.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Leeks and Jerusalem artichokes to go in a beef stew.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

If you don't already you must let your broccoli side shoot after picking the main head, this is off only 10 plants and there is a lot more out there
        Attached Files
        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Some fresh parsley

It's survived the winter in an unheated greenhouse and is now ready to start cropping again.

Comment

Some slug eaten lettuce leaves. Not for eating, but more to prompt the plants to wake up and start producing now we've got longer days and (occasionally) nicer weather

Comment

Some leeks. Only a small amount left now

Comment

More kale & winter spinach

Comment

Today I harvested some green onions and garlic.

Comment

my first ever PSB

Comment

A bucketful of salad potatoes "Ratte" that I didn't get round to digging up last year.

They are in very good condition once I rubbed off the shoots, no slug damage at all. We'll try some for dinner tonight.

Comment

Lettuce from the polytunnel.

(When the tomatoes have finished in October, I put some living salad leaves from one of the supermarkets. They have grown happily over the winter and are fit to pick from February onwards - added to the shop bought, they have a much better flavour).

Comment

Jerusalem artichokes and leeks for tonights dinner.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

All my remaining leeks - about 15 of them. They will be chopped and frozen for future use as soon as I've finished doing the carrots...

Comment

The rest of my Parsnips, all 89 of them, most are in good condition but a few have cankered and some others have been visited from hungry bugs, but other wise not a bad crop. True and Tasty I think is the variety.
                              I sowed winter Lettuce, and Carrots in the dearly departed polytunnel, but they failed miserably, the compost from them have gone onto the compost heap so not a total loss.
                              Last edited by cheapskate chaz; 26-03-2016, 04:59 PM.
                              Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

Lots and lots of spinach red stemmed and samish which is lovely but i wish i could save the seed.
                                Lots of oriental leaves for a salad, Lots of PSB for the fridge, a few spring onions and oranges
                                I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X