Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got around to sowing my sweet peas they're now keeping the broad beans company in the airing cupboard.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday a few carrot seeds in a pot, under a cloche for VC's "Carrot Challenge"
      Today a mixed pot of rocket, mizuna and good king Henry to keep on the windowsill as baby leaves. If it lasts the GKH will graduate to the garden later in the year.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• I've had a few days off work so have sewn 7 types of sweet pea, 3 types of chilli, 2 types of tomato and 8 herbs.

Carrots tomorrow for VC's challenge.

Comment

• Yes, yes, finally I've got started, planted two trays of Broad beans, Outside but protected and also in plastic greenhouse. Used the whole packet! Just because in case I don't get round to planting anything else!
          DottyR

Comment

• Sowed all my sweet peppers today - California Wonder,Salad Festival & Gourmet. Two seeds under grow lights & the rest are in a tray on my windowsill.

Comment

• Sowed some Brussels (Evesham), Swedes (Marian) and Cabbage (Durham Early) today, 4 of each. I was going to wait until my 2 growhouses go up and then do it but i basically couldn't wait. I'll be sowing some more once the growhouses go up anyway. these ones can just be an early try. I think i got 2400 seeds in my Brussels so it's not as if I'm wasting anything. There's plenty of seeds in the other 2 brassica packets as well.

Comment

• Today I gave in to temptation and sowed:

Tomatoes "Piccolo", "Chadwick Cherry", "Gigante Liscio" and "Alicante";
                Cucumbers "Tamra" and "Marketmore 76";
                Watercress "Aqua";
                Lettuce "Mixed Green Leaves", "Salad Bowl Red & Green Mixed", "Webbs Wonderful" and "Little Gem";
                Mizuna.

All in pots or modules in the greenhouse; the toms and cucs are in the heated propagator. Except the lettuce are spending tonight in the fridge to wake them up, they will go out onto the greenhouse bench tomorrow.
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Basil red & green
                  Chives
                  Garlic Chives
                  Spinach
                  Tomatoes - Gardeners delight, Marmanade, Money maker, Sun baby & an unknown black variety that was given to me

Comment

• Mixed salad leaves
                    Mange tout, Shiraz
                    Mange tout, Oregon

Phew!
                    DottyR

Comment

• 18 Rootrainers of Sweet Peas for the Square Foot Munty Dun..............
                      4 ........"..... Giant Stride Climbing Peas.
                      4 ........"....... Melba Melon.
                      4 ........."........ Trombone Squash.
                      Last edited by Bigmallly; 06-03-2016, 03:16 PM.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Have sown some chive seeds, and the pot has gone in the heated propagator.

Comment

• Sowed Cucumber, Marketmore 76.
                          A dwarf tomato variety, Gemma which I bought in Spain.
                          Sweet millions, which I hope will encourage my grandkids to eat tomatoes.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• 6 of each of the following:

Sprouts - Revenge
                            Cabbage - Golden Arce
                            Cauliflower - All Year Rond
                            Cauliflower - Cheesey
                            Cabbage - Brigadier

Comment

• In the (unheated) greenhouse bed:

Lettuce - all year round
                              radishes
                              spring onion (lisbon and apache)

Comment

• Finally started! A mix of all sorts in there - probably not a good idea cos they need different environments at different times but I've got loads of seeds and we couldn't wait any longer. I will probably prioritise the chillis and repot into 9cm pots as soon as they pop up (if they pop up at all). Now safely snug under the stairs at 20C.

Jalapeņo, tam jalapeņo, cayenne, basket of fire chillis, cucumber (passandra), toms (gardeners delight and sweet aperitif), iceberg and all year round lettuce, cauliflower all year round, brocolli sprouting green, cabbage golden acre, sweet corn (rising sun and incredible), peas (sugar snap, Oregon, petite provincal), Mount Everest strawberries and probably some others I've forgotten. Kids were super excited, going to sow a bucket of early Nantes carrots tomorrow and some Maris pipers at some point this week.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X