This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohl rabi.
    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• A pinch of spring onion seeds.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• This weekend - spring onions and leeks as the ones outside have done nothing, also kale, chard, spinach, replacement/successional melon, okra, cucamelon, various pea and courgette seeds. Not too fussed if they don't do anything because it's a bit late, but it's worth a try.

Comment

• Sowed some over wintering Purple Sprouting Broccoli seeds the other day. Just in a smallish plant pot. I'll leave them there until I harvest my spuds and then put them in where my spuds are.

Comment

• Sowed some more French beans (bush - purple teepee) to replace the ones that once again, failed to appear.

Comment

• Ah, forgot: yesterday I sowed some radish "China Rose".
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Kale, black Tuscan and Dwarf
                Lettuce, variety of
                Rocket
                Broccoli - Over wintering

Comment

• Swede, variety Best of All. Never grown swede before so I dont know how well it will do. Anything bigger than a golf ball will count as a success!

Comment

• Sowed some carrots, squash and beetroot so far this week

Comment

• Sowed a tray of sweet oak leaf rocket outside in the walk in blow-away & a tray of mixed rocket indoors on my window sill,trying to find the quickest germination spot,for quicker leaves,I only have one rocket plant left & it won't last much longer...

Comment

• Today I sowed spring cabbages "Durham Early" and "April" in pots. I also sowed another pot of cauliflower "All The Year Round", not sure if they will do any good at this time of year but we'll see.

I sowed lettuce in pots too: "Webbs Wonderful", "All The Year Round" and "Mixed Green Leaves". These are in the fridge until tomorrow, to trigger them into growth in this warm weather.
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Turnips, Swede, Spring cabbages, radish, spring onions and spinach, sown today.

Comment

• Sowed a tray of 'lettuce sweet success' indoors on the windowsill (germination more successful there than the blow away tent,where some rocket seeds fried on germination it looks like,but it has been warm). Also sowed some of the seeds into a raised trough to replace some rocket that finished in there. Slugs can't climb up it,so the seedlings will be safe (copper tape round the legs,also my rocket didn't get attacked by flea beetle being very raised,unless I was lucky?).

Comment

• Land seaweed, golden and chioggi beetroot, amsterdam 3 and james scarlett carrots, super smeling kohl rabi, poached egg plant, fox gloves, pyrethram, coriander,treviso chichory, garlic chives, niort onions( I can eat them small).
                              And they are all labelled!
                              No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• More lettuce and a pinch of spring onions.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X