Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've finally sown my first seeds of the season.

Broad Beans, Sweet peas, leeks, mixed lettuce and wild flowers.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Now I've got the extra heated propagator, I felt I could safely sow a few tomato seeds without running out of facilities next month. But I'll still do another lot mid-March just in case...
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Sowed 10 pots of meteor peas today.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Gardener View Post
          Everyone seems to be sowing thousands of each seed and here I am having planted one of everything I've sowed so far! Do people just have massive plots or am I the only one who doesn't like the lack of humanity in the survival of the fittest model of seed raising?
          I sow a lot of seeds but they won't all germinate & I give some to family & friends. Some weaker seedlings I do pick out & compost,like tomatoes,I think it's what they would have wanted,they just didn't have the strength. Also being part of the compost will continue it's life

Comment

• Today I've sowed
            Some coriander
            Ishigura spring onions
            Zebrune shallots
            Kabuki broccoli
            Golden acre cabbage
            Green curled kale
            King Richard leeks
            Red fire and chancellor lettuce (red fire was brilliant last year if anyone's interested)
            Gladiator and palace parsnips
            And put some swift potatoes in morrisons pots to see how they get on, I might add a potatoe ontop of the compost already there when I earth them up and see how they get on after watching Dan on allotment diary commenting on how potatoes only grow in the first half of the bucket

Comment

• I've added a March Sowing List to the Month Vegetable Seed Sowing List thread:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1318460

I'd appreciate any feedback / corrections / disagreements! (perhaps best to post them in that thread ...)

Thanks
              K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

• Sowed some red celery leaf and peas for the windowsill, and in the greenhouse more spicy baby leaf mix, some garlic chives and two sorts of sweet peas.
                Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes

Comment

• Today sowed; 20 seeds of Leek 'autumn mammoth 2(snowstar)' on windowsill.
                  6 seeds of Geranium 'moulin rouge f1'
                  6 seeds of Petunia 'salmon velvet f1' - The seed packet looked empty,just specks of dust,are petunia seeds really that tiny,I'l find out soon if nothing grows

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                    The seed packet looked empty,just specks of dust,are petunia seeds really that tiny
                    Yes, definitely tiny
                    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

• Today I have sown - 8 Brussel sprout seeds, 20 beetroot seeds, 8 Cabbage seeds, a load of chives seeds, some bluebell seeds, some foxglove seeds and some safflower seeds that I got free with some of the vegetable seed I ordered off amazon.

Comment

• Today I sowed a few seeds into small pots in the greenhouse, to see how they go. I'll do some more towards the end of the month and see if they catch up.

Broccoli "(Sprouting) Early Purple"
                        Broccoli "(Autumn) Green Calabrese"
                        Brussels Sprout "Bedford"
                        Brussels Sprout "Evesham Special"
                        Brussels Sprout "Rubine"
                        Brussels Sprout "Trafalgar F1"
                        Cabbage "Greyhound"
                        Cauliflower "All The Year Round"
                        Coriander "Cilantro"
                        Kale "Scarlet"
                        Lettuce "Hollywood"
                        Lettuce "Little Gem"

Also some flowers (see the flower seed thread.)
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Just sowed some (6) of my Parsnip seed that I had on wet toilet roll so they germinate quickly.

6 of the seeds have small roots coming out of them, so they are planted in the toilet rolls.

Comment

• Sowed 45 pots of crimson flowered broadies in 3" square pots, which I calculate will be enough to plant out at 8" distances in 2 x 16' rows. Actually, if my maths is right, I'd need 46, but the gravel trays fit 15 to a tray, so I'm going to have to live with being one short.

Comment

• Kicking off properly now. Sowed broad beans, peas, beetroot, lettuce, spinach, coriander, carrots, radishes, cucumber, french beans, mizuna and potatoes. Mostly for early greenhouse crops.

Also a cheeky leek resow with some newer seed, plus some new tomatoes that I missed a couple of weeks ago.
                              Garden Grower
                              Twitter: @JacobMHowe

Comment

• Well, I'm probably one of the last people to sow anything ...
                                The cold frame is out so I've sown some salad stuff : mizuna, mustard & rocket oak leaf. Also, early peas Kelvedon , spring onions Ishikura & Purplette .

Not a lot I know but it was so cold that I had to bring my tray & compost into the kitchen . Fed up ! Go away , winter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X