This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View of the Hill - January 2015

Right - my experiment to get up on the manure skip was successful when I went to the Hill this afternoon, so it looks like I will be able to take one from this angle each month - hurrah!

So here is my January pic.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
      Right - my experiment to get up on the manure skip was successful when I went to the Hill this afternoon, so it looks like I will be able to take one from this angle each month - hurrah!

So here is my January pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52701[/ATTACH]
      Hazel,

Describe what we are looking at
      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
        Describe what we are looking at
        Of course.

I have a front half plot, which extends from the roadway as far back as the needs-a-coat-of-stain toolshed; then to the right to include all the beds with wood sides.

The main beds (eight of them) are 16' by 4', and I use a 4year rotation. The brassicas under the netting and the bed next to it will be potatoes this year. The next two will be roots; the next two will be the miscellaneous crops (sweetcorn, squash, lettuce etc), and the two furthest away will be beans.

Up the right hand side I have 5 fruit beds - the front one is raspberries and I mulched heavily with leaves in the autumn - hence the debris netting to keep them in place. Then going away from the road, the next bed is black/red currants, then strawberries, asparagus and finally a bed which should be a seed/nursery bed but in reality gets overrun with comfrey each year.

The frontage has bulbs planted in (not showing yet) and lavender bushes. I need to replace a couple of these on the right hand side. There is also a large rhubarb plant in the front left corner - again, not showing as yet.

The dalek composters are filled throughout the year, and emptied and moved up a bed each winter - I'd done two in this pic, and I did one more today.

Comment

Wow - you should write a book
          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Wow - you should write a book
            Well you did ask!

Comment

Hazel, I know but I expected 'my plot is No.16 and the xx raised beds you can see will all change over the coming months' not War and Peace

However I did enjoy your story and will be keeping a careful eye on the progress you make over the coming year

Nutter by Nature

Comment

I will do my plot 18A tomorrow but here is my daughter's plot 11A

Taken from NE

Taken from SE

Taken from SW

Taken from NW

Attached Files

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Been playing around all afternoon trying to decide on bed configuration and think this is roughly it. As this corner is next to the road I have concrete under the soil for approximately 30 cm in, so will probably stick with this.

PS. The greenhouse is level honest
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Greenleaves; 25-01-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

First pic of my plot what i saw when i was offered it OCT 1ST 2014
                    more pics to follow if i can figure out how to.
                    Ihave been up and down FAQ thats why no pics as yet but they are all in my album

Last edited by 21up; 25-01-2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Wow, that looks somewhat overgrown! Lots of fun sorting it out though
                      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

here is some more after roundup

This is my beds stood on new plot till i can get sorted

Last edited by 21up; 25-01-2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Managed to get some photos of plot 18A at the start of the year - I have already made some changes and will post these alongside:

Taken from NW

Taken from NE

Taken from SE

Taken from SW

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Sheneval; 25-01-2015, 10:29 PM.

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Managed to get some photos of plot 18A at the start of the year - I have already made some changes and will post these alongside:

Couldn't get all photos in so here is another taken today - raised bed has been removed and this will be the new potato bed for 2015

Taken from SW

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Sheneval; 25-01-2015, 10:38 PM.

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Morning all !

Well the extension of my veg patch is completed ! Now a nice 12 x 12

This weekends plan is to put up the two 3x6 planters and destone and de weed the open floor area.
                              I have also been and my little girl chose some carrott seed tape in multi couler and variety which look nice!

She also bought a straberry plant and has been checking every 5 minutes to see if any have grown yet!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Updates after today's work:

Taken from NW

Taken from NE

Taken from SE

Taken from SW

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Sheneval; 26-01-2015, 04:23 PM.

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X