• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are up. Still on the windowsill.

Attached Files
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Haven't been bothered to rearrange the furniture so I've popped my cherry belles into pots in the electric propagator on my garage bench. I'll move them onto a windowsill when they poke through and sow a pot or two a week (7 seven radishes a pot) until the weather warms up and I'm ready to so my parsnips.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Planting 3 tubs;

French breakfast,
        Zlata (a yellow type)
        Noir groslong d'hiver de Paris

Will really need to thin out the others, i planted a few extra as the seed is out of date but they did great
        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Being tight I plant my radish seed individually so sometimes have a packet three years old, never have a problem with germination.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Sowed Scarlet Globe 12.01.15 - 10/13 are up and living on the windowsill

I will finish my cuppa then sow the next lot

Comment

Potty, I can imagine you leaning over a row going "one carrot, two carrots..... 128 carrots"

Got back from work and peeked into the propagator and four radishes are sprouting.

Need to get that pasting table up soon then.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Here's my first batch: https://greengardengate.wordpress.co...p-carousel-518

I am still to sow my second lot :/

Comment

#50 NG they are struggling for light and going leggy.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                    They are being erratic. I have had another one come up over night. I will see how go I am not expecting anything great.
                    Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 20-01-2015, 02:02 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                      I think mine are too, what does that mean in terms of growth/flavour etc? Is it just too early in terms of light levels? I did my second sowing today :s

Comment

This is only my opinion.
                        Growth, there will be very little of no root, the tops will have fallen over. The tops themselves are edible of course but I prefer to wait a while and have the root/bulb itself.

Taste I wouldn't know having never ate a top.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Sowed another 10 seeds today, in half and half vermiculite and JI. A globe radish this time, Sparkler. I'm not expecting wonders, but the simple fact that the first lot came up is an advance for me. In the garden they never seem to come up.
                          ....Unless they are grazed off before I see them, of course
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

I sowed another batch of Mixed (French Breakfast, Scarlet Globe and Sparkler) today, my second batch are sprouting now
                            Last edited by Bohobumble; 31-01-2015, 11:31 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Well I have some big leggy ones. some small leggy ones and some I was late sowing

Note to self - must go to the 'blame VC thread' for starting this challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                                Well I have some big leggy ones. some small leggy ones and some I was late sowing
                                I have learned that they need to be on a windowsill to sprout but they do seem to be fine in the unheated greenhouse, even when the allotment got down to -8 the other day (2 leggy ones didn't seem best pleased but the rest are fine). They just need that warmth to start with.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X