This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds Fun!.

This weekend has been frustrating. I have put my xmas pressie together a small greenhouse ( left the plastic cover off) dug around another3ft hole in to my veggie patch extension.

Now suppridingly where I am digging the soil actually seems fairly good so I am considering if I am going to bother with the raised planters here or sow direct :/ where my raised planters are at the moment the ground is full of huge stones and house bricks...

I made some paper seed pots.

Comment

• Oh my goodness, sounds awful Lumpy, hope your bruises and dignity recover quickly. ( did no one take a photo?) , only joking!

Take care in future!
      DottyR

Comment

• Today a have moved some of my plants into the next size pots. Found this hard as everything is covered in a foot of snow and frozen solid. Had to run warm water over the pots to get plants out. I also put my new hen house up, had to purchase one since the weather destroyed the old one. Pruned my two I door olive trees too.

Comment

• Jams...all from my own produce

Brings back happy memories of picking them with friends and family!
          Strangely I thought we'd picked more raspberries than were actually frozen
          ..clearly ....one in the bowl and one in the mouth ?????
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• With some help from my father, I moved my wonderfully pretty clematis from the corner of the vegetable patch to the other corner of the garden. And I moved my japanese quince from the other corner of the veg patch to the other side of the garden. And I cut down a pretty but too large hibiscus. Hate to kill it but had to really. The vegetable patch is now entirely clear and ready - just needs some digging over later in spring!!

And I finished up some pruning that I hadn't managed to finish earlier in the winter. Feeling pretty pleased with myself and more prepared now.

Comment

• Oh dear, Lumpy, I hope its not as bad as it sounds.

Potted up 30 strawberry runners that arrived today into a flower tower - hope they survive the frost. Also sowed some microgreens (mustard and radish sangria).
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                ..clearly ....one in the bowl and one in the mouth ?????
                Yep! How many more of us are guilty of that one?

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Made a bread pudding tonight, my kitchen smells luvverly
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Picked up another 3 lots of seaweed this morning I had intended to dismantle a raised bed on the plot and cover it with this lot but the ground is still rock solid so it will have to wait for another day.

Attached Files
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• I dug up and moved a plum tree, a hibiscus, some spring bulbs and some autumn raspberry canes. This is in preparation for putting grass seed down in the spring. I'm going to have a (very small) lawn!
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Potted on some tomato armpits that live on a bedroom window sill.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• potted up 4 new shrubs for the home border,and 2 blackberry plants from next door,also sowed the first of the broad beans,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Another lot of seeds arrived in the post today. Decided to wait before planting the balconi tomatoes as they say February on the packet

Noticed a flower had opened on one of the sitting room tomato plants - the first since about October.

Turned on the 2nd lot of growlights to accomodate half pint peas and a rooted tomato sideshoot.

10 30l pots arrived (for potatoes).

Things are taking shape, but having to be careful not to get ahead of myself.
                            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Today I started digging a hole for a worm tower.

Comment

• Bought some lilies. My favourites. Can't wait to plant them! Apparently according to James Wong they are classed as old fashioned! Oh well, I'm Old fashioned but my garden will look and smell lovely
                                You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X