Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't find any sticky backed plastic or coat hangers Deano..................
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

And "Shep's" long gone!

But I remember "Percy" in the back garden!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

finished spring cleaning the home from home shed,and started on the potting one,ground to wet to work on,at least i will know where what is when it comes to the real growing time,i can now see the bottom of the potting bench,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Dug an area of the parsnip bed looking for stragglers and found a few before starting to dig up a fresh row.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Started clearing a patch of allotment jungle. Cut brambles and nettles down to the ground and started removing the rotted remains of old carpet. Two bags filled with carpet so far.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Some more manuring today. This time a bed where I'll be planting sweetcorn and squashes. Was thinking maybe use this bed for a quick crop of peas, then mulch and plant sweetcorn and squashes.
              My summer onions and shallots bed was treated with my own allotment compost, with a few handfuls of phosphate raked in.
              Collected more bags of manure, these I will use in the polytunnel. If any left, will put into the compost bins for future use! Went home to a well deserved cup of tea

Comment

Cleaned out the chook house, so got some manure.
                Put new bedding in the chookhouse and nestboxes.
                Mixed the chook poo with potting mix and applied to garden. Lazy day today.
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Not strictly today as I was too tired yesterday, but yesterday I put down the slabs for the base of my greenhouse.

Removed two blackcurrant bushes that were overgrown and started to rot (they were already there when I had the plot).

Also had a little tidy up.
                  An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

Found and fed this little fella in my front garden so was then late for picking up my daughter from school, she wasn't at all bothered when I told her it was because I was feeding a hedgehog (was only a couple of minutes late)

Also went to garden centre for some cat food and a heated propogator jumped into my hands shouting 'buy me' so I did
                    Attached Files

Comment

Positioned two large, rear tyres from a tractor on plot, ready for using as potato planters. Planted some blackcurrant bushes and a gooseberry bush, then the heavens opened. so I retired to the polytunnel and did a bit of tidying up.
                      When the rain slowed down, harvested some carrots, turnips and calabrese for tea, before coming home and misting the mushrooms and Lemon Trees - one of which is absolutely covered in flowers at the moment.
                      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Mumbles, Hedgehogs are not meant to be out during the day. If you see it again maybe pick it up(gloved hands is best) and see if it is a proper weight 500-600gms. Also look around its mouth for any sores etc.
                        I have gone on the Hedgehog street.org web site when this happened to me and they advised me what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dianaalice View Post
                          Mumbles, Hedgehogs are not meant to be out during the day. If you see it again maybe pick it up(gloved hands is best) and see if it is a proper weight 500-600gms. Also look around its mouth for any sores etc.
                          I have gone on the Hedgehog street.org web site when this happened to me and they advised me what to do.
                          Dianaalice
                          I think it was just really hungry as as soon as I put the cat food down it scoffed the lot (and the 2nd helpings that I may have sneaked out to it). It was only a baby one I think and once it had eaten it toddled off and haven't seen it since - my 5 year old has been on hedgehog watch It didn't appear to have any sores around its mouth and looked in pretty good condition (as far as my hedgehog knowledge goes) will be keeping my eye out though

Comment

Today will be a drive round the local garden centres, just to be nosey. Kinda funny as when I was younger I hated having to go with my parents. Now I'm going on my own and will be looking round with new eyes. I'm guessing it'll be like an Aladdin's cave.
                            Will be stopping off at the local B&M store as they have a 210 litre water butt with stand for £34.99. After looking at the local DIY stores this is a bargain. :-)

Also have to empty the van (in-between showers) and load up all the pallets I've managed to get together. Take them down to the lottie ready to assemble my compost area. Along with getting the water butt there as well.

So that's the plan for this afternoon. I wonder how much I will accomplish.... My time starts .... After I've had a coffee :-)

Comment

Was a lovely morning, so went to the lotty with lots of good intentions, only to find most of the day taken up with a succession of plotholders wanting to chat. a committee member came over to say how impressed he was with my large polytunnel and was going to buy one himself, then another plotholder came over to tell me he'd just bought one lol. Finally managed to get to work dismantling a raised bed which I want to move - only to me stopped bay a sudden hailstorm so back into the polytunnel to do a bit seed sowing - french dwarf beans and broad beans.
                              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Wouldn't be the same though, if no one came to talk to you, sometimes you just get nothing done !
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X