No announcement yet.

Slugs and Snails!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snails love French marigolds. A few years ago I bought a tray of 24 plants all of which were big enough to be in flower, and planted them out in the garden. Within 24 hours there was not a shred of plant left, apart from one lone flower hanging from the mouth of a large snail, reminding me of Ermintrude the cow in the Magic Roundabout. I haven't wasted my money on marigolds since.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

if you have the room get a few hens or ducks , gorgeous eggs and I did use them two legged hoovers to clear the garden of slimies, I protected what needed it and letting the hens onto the area was like a "le mans" start, and god help the hindmost, speedie Gonzales would have been killed in the rush and roadrunner would not have had much chance either.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bal View Post
        Hi guys just found this on you tube.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoBeKS64_xc
        This is brilliant.

I really think something like this is the only way to go. I'm going to do it.

Thanks.

I'm with Knights of Albion really, all living things are aware of themselves and experiencing the same reality we are, and I don't agree with killing. That's generally my take.

Originally posted by Knight of Albion View Post
        [Before you say it!, I've not found that they come back. Though the theory that they can find their way back suggests a level of intelligence and awareness we've not given them credit for, which only serves to make me more resolute in my beliefs and moral code, but that's another matter.]
        And yet I'm not 'overrun'.
        However, surely there is roughly a 25% chance that they will go back in the same direction your garden is? Which requires no heightened degree of intelligence.
        Last edited by Inastate; 08-06-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inastate View Post
          This is brilliant.

I really think something like this is the only way to go. I'm going to do it.

Thanks.

I'm with Knights of Albion really, all living things are aware of themselves and experiencing the same reality we are, and I don't agree with killing. That's generally my take.

However, surely there is roughly a 25% chance that they will go back in the same direction your garden is? Which requires no heightened degree of intelligence.
          The 9 volt 'fence' yes that works. Another one that is 100% slug proof, though it requires a raised bed, is (waterproof) sandpaper 80 grit.
          Beat Garden Slugs With Sandpaper - Organic Gardening - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

In my case, they'd have to travel due east, turn north, turn west and then turn north again to get back, which certainly would require a great deal of intelligence and awareness!
          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X