Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal for Shallot seedlings to "fall over" ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaptorUK View Post
    Me too, I think they have helped a lot. I have planted mine out and have used the loops when planted out too . . . I will be removing them in a week or so when they have had a chance to get established.

It's been quite windy since I planted them out and the loops have helped withstand the wind a little too.

It's only been my Shallots that needed the loops, my White Spanish Onions and Leeks - Toledo have been fine on their own.
    I'm just waiting untill my wife has eaten the Pak choy then mine'll be going in. I have to say the poster who showed supported shallots Vs unsupported really made me sit up and take notice. lol
    Hussar!

Comment

It's been quite windy since I planted them out and the loops have helped withstand the wind a little too.

It's only been my Shallots that needed the loops, my White Spanish Onions and Leeks - Toledo have been fine on their own.
      Shallots - Zebrune are doing good . . .

. . . just about ready to have their supports removed.
      My allotment in pictures

Comment

. . . just about ready to have their supports removed.
        Nice! I planted out my Banana shallots a few days ago. Pretty excited about them as they're my first "onions" from seed....
        Last edited by Richard Eldritch; 14-05-2014, 07:11 PM.
        Hussar!

Comment

Still doing good, getting bulkier by the day and standing up on their own.

My allotment in pictures

Comment

Still doing good, getting bulkier by the day and standing up on their own.

Looking good! Mine are doing OK, they're a bit over to one side and not quite vertical but hey ho, I'll see what happens....
            Hussar!

Comment

Last update before I harvest, probably in a few weeks I guess . . .

Very happy with these Zebrune shallots, most are a good size around 2" diameter . . .

My allotment in pictures

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X