No announcement yet.

A Pain In The Back!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea must have been germinating in your head all these years and has only just reached the surface........I have some seeds like that
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 11-02-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

What can I drill into the mattock to make it easier to hack out those paddock weeds then BM?
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
        What can I drill into the mattock to make it easier to hack out those paddock weeds then BM?
        How about a nitro glcyerene gel rubbed on the cutting edge to give it some bite!
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Duck tape it to the back actor on a JCB ......

Last edited by AllInContainers; 12-02-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Attach a motor to it then it will be a Pneumattock drill.....................duh......
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Will show this to my man of many things,as if he has nothing else to do bless him,
              BM,is there any particular measurement of angle of the blue pipe,
              What youngest did with a fork,was weld metal pole for a long handle,he is tall,i find it nice to get the spudz up with,as it give me a shorty,more leveredge,also for forking over the looser ground,so i would love to try your version out on a spade,for the winter digging of hard clay,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Lottie, I think the blue pipe handle moves as you use it, since its only attached by a wingnut, not fixed at any particular angle. Just guessing mind

Comment

I thought the wing nut was just a means of attaching it,to hold it tight,as it was purely done with what was to hand at the time,showed DH,looks i gona get one to try,if so will post a pic if it works,
                  Last edited by lottie dolly; 12-02-2014, 05:34 PM.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hi Lotty, glad to know there is another nutter out there.........are u listening G4?......................just to confirm the handle moves on the wing nut even when fully tightened which is what you want so you can have a tight grip on it.........let me know how it works out for you.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      ...are u listening G4?...
                      Errr, nope!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I wonder where I get Glycerine Nitrate? Was that the stuff? I like the sounds of that.
                        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I wonder where I get Glycerine Nitrate? Was that the stuff? I like the sounds of that.
                          Aye, but don't fasten it to your spade...........................
                          Last edited by Bigmallly; 13-02-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Well I've used the adapted spade everyday for the last 2 weeks and definitely gets the...........

Comment

.......................twitchy eyebrows ...........

Comment

As yet my tools are still the same,how ever,i have held onto the thought with interest,my understanding is it lets you leaver the ground and lift the sods easier,i find the extra length on the fork good for the leaver bit,so tied rope in variouse places to assist the lift,it did help but was not strong/balanced enough,also am on heavy compacted clay,a spade goes in well,but need the fork to help trash the sods to extract the fine roots and horsetail,also the fork is a bit heavy for me,at the mo DH has to much else doing,one of them is putting a gear box with reverse onto the rotavator,then i can use it after the bad weeds are out,i also have to try your way,the thing that gets my back is the bending up and down the retrieve the bad roots,thanks for reporting back.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X