Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, BM, someone's pinched your idea!!
    Pity your photos are missing but I remember it well
    Anyway, anyone with a bad back maybe be interested in this for £4. Doesn't look strong enough to lift a spade but could be useful for hoeing.

Wilko Garden Tool Handle at wilko.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      I'm sure everyone agrees that digging is a pain in the back. I knew it needed doing & there was no way out of it so..........dah, dah, dah.................I found a metre of 20mm blue pipe, a 2" bolt with a wing nut & thought there must be a use for that.....The 2 Ronnies "Four Candles" sprung to mind..............so off I went down tut shed and made this lickle addition to my trusted spade. I know you may not want to set about your tools with a drill so some kind of bracket may be an option. Once I got the technique right, it was a breeze to use, no bending down to the neck of the spade, just dig, lean the spade back & lift the handle........what a doddle, hope you enjoy.
      If you want any pics on the technique, just give me a shout but it's so easy to use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42211[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]42212[/ATTACH]
      I'd like to be able to see it I carn't view attachments ! any chance of a real photo ? atb Dal

Comment

Nearly all the attachments were lost when the Meltdown happened in ?January. You'll have to work it out from the description!

Comment

I quite like digging.
          Now I have raised beds I don't really need a spade, I just use a fork.
          When it comes to forking them over I find my brain goes into neutral and all problems disappear.
          Very relaxing providing you don't spear your foot !
          Jimmy
          Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Nearly all the attachments were lost when the Meltdown happened in ?January. You'll have to work it out from the description!
            ok VC ,Iknow it's blue and made from plastic pipe !i'll read the thread again and see if I can glean a litle more. atb Dal

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              I'm sure everyone agrees that digging is a pain in the back. I knew it needed doing & there was no way out of it so..........dah, dah, dah.................I found a metre of 20mm blue pipe, a 2" bolt with a wing nut & thought there must be a use for that.....The 2 Ronnies "Four Candles" sprung to mind..............so off I went down tut shed and made this lickle addition to my trusted spade. I know you may not want to set about your tools with a drill so some kind of bracket may be an option. Once I got the technique right, it was a breeze to use, no bending down to the neck of the spade, just dig, lean the spade back & lift the handle........what a doddle, hope you enjoy.
              If you want any pics on the technique, just give me a shout but it's so easy to use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42211[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]42212[/ATTACH]
              Hi Bigmally, unfortunately, I can't see the pics as it just says invalid attachment when clicked on.

Regards......Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
                Hi Bigmally, unfortunately, I can't see the pics as it just says invalid attachment when clicked on.

Regards......Rob
                Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                The attachments are lost to view.

Comment

This pic should help you make sense of it. The blue pipe is a loop handle near the head instead of a handle-handle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ergonomic%20scoop%20shovel.gif
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	2374280

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                    This pic should help you make sense of it. The blue pipe is a loop handle near the head instead of a handle-handle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75451[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks Norfolk ,Iwas going to put it on the other side of the spade ! lol i'd have buried myself . atb Dal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X