Well I have not sown anything yet!

Other than the kelsaes last month!!!!

Comment

Early this month I sowed:

Aubergines - Black beauty
      Cauliflowers - All the year round
      Peppers - California mix
      Leeks - Blauwgroene winter

The aubergines and peppers are in a heated propagator but haven't germinated yet. But I'm the proud owner of three cauliflower seedlings and seventeen baby leeks, and more are appearing every day. Since I've never grown leeks before I'm really excited about them, to the point where it's probably a little bit sad...

Comment

Please Stop It, all of you, I've sown nothing yet, and now you are panicking me!

DottyR
        DottyR

Comment

Great thread !

I have sown over 300 onion seed ( Yellow Rynsburger ) from real seed.

I sowed the seeds on New Years Day in modules and I now have about 60% germinated. I would expect 80% in a couple of days tho

I'm a bit suprised with some previous posts as I think its a bit early to start tomatos and lettuce. or not ?

Comment

That's a lot of onions. I haven't planted any seeds yet, it is only January after all, plenty of time ( I hope)
            DottyR

Comment

Today I "sowed" in modules:-
              Lots of "Surprise" shallots saved from last year (they're a surprise as I've no idea what varieties they are )
              Potato Onions

Comment

I planted my blackberry and tayberry bushes yesterday and was hoping to get onions and garlic planted today but work has got in the way Stupid working from home, I can see the seeds/bulbs sat on the side tempting me away from the computer!

Comment

Have finally got out in the garden and sown strawberry seeds, leek, onions, goji berry seeds, caulis, tomatoes and garlic.

Comment

uhm you've sown toms in garden mumbles?
                    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Noooo, I haven't sown anything yet and am desperate to get going. Too cold out and we don't have a greenhouse. The cold frame has last years strawbs in it, must make some room there and make a start.

No room anywhere in this teeny weeny house to start seeds off either.
                      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                      If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Yesterday I sowed some onions, both Rijnsburger and Red Baron. I also sowed some basil and dill to live on the kitchen windowsill.

Comment

Sweet peppers: Lipstick, Orange Bell, Hamik, Topepo Rosso, Barancio, Atris

Hot peppers: Hungarian Hot Wax, Jalapeņo, Cheyenne

Cape gooseberry Golden Berry, Rocket Dragon's Tongue
                          Last edited by GardenNinja; 16-01-2014, 05:05 PM.

Comment

6th january i sowed in the prop
                            onions,aubs,cauli,cabbage,a few trial toms,they are now pricked out,
                            herbs,peppers,chillies,cue's as a trial,still waiting,
                            16th january,
                            more onions,3 sorts of lobelia,2 of sweet pea,celeriac,cauli,dwarf kale,
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Golly I've just sown (around 2 weeks ago) some red (F1 Kamal) and brown (Ailsa Craig) onions! Planted onions sets and garlic last year.

To all sowing tomatos, are they for an outside or inside crop? I don't have a greenhouse or anything like one so will be looking at planting outside and just wondering when I start them off.

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                                uhm you've sown toms in garden mumbles?
                                No they're inside! The only thing outside is the garlic

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X