Peas - round or wrinkled?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Snadger
    If you soaked a wrinkled pea until it absorbed enough water to become round, then sowed it in the autumn, what would happen?...............Yes I know one answer............try it and see

Comment

You called?

Whoops missed the Pea bit in the thread title.

Potty
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the RAW club, Potty.........that's Round And Wrinkled to the youngsters

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Thanks Snadger
          If you soaked a wrinkled pea until it absorbed enough water to become round, then sowed it in the autumn, what would happen?...............Yes I know one answer............try it and see
          You do tax my lickle brain....................wouldn't you have to let it dry out first before sowing therefore it would re-wrinkle.........I think..........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Some people soak their peas before sowing, but soaking and then putting in cold wet soil, just seems a recipe for disaster to me.

Comment

Well, I'm about to start some sweet peas in root trainers (since I seem to have a lot of them) and some packets say you should soak the seeds overnight in warm water before sowing. Does that help...........

Comment

sweet peas be different kettle of fish - deffo a recipe for disaster fish and sweetpeas

Comment

I thought that was where we started - why are peas sweet?

Comment

A couple of years back I was having trouble with mice stealing my peas.

I took 2Sheds advice and soaked them overnight and then rinsed them every day until they chitted, then potted into damp compost. Never looked back no more peas stolen by mice and tons better germination, wouldn't do any other way now.

Potty Deffo wrinkled
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Are they round or wrinkled to start with, Potty (that's your peas...........)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Well, I'm about to start some sweet peas in root trainers (since I seem to have a lot of them) and some packets say you should soak the seeds overnight in warm water before sowing. Does that help...........
                        I soak my sweet peas, just out of habit I think.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

sweet to eat peas or flowering sweet peas

Comment

Wrinkle seeded peas that are soaked will expand to roundness but will have a soft coating easily rotted.

Surely, round seaded peas will still have a hard coat keeping out those little fungi mould blighters until germination has occurred and the pea can stick two fingers up to them or blow a raspberry in their face.

Veggiechicken You've a lot to answer for!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Its just my enquiring mind, Snadger, and I know there's always someone who has the answer (even if its rubbish)

Comment

Whilst were on the subject of "Sweet Peas" didn't do any last year with the Lottie being in its first real virginal year of growing stuff after the clearance! n wanted to concentrate on the mainstream veggies to see how we got on!

After watching "Monty's" trials n tributes last year on GW! It seemed spring sown one's far bettered!

Any thought's, experiences?
                                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X