This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LincolnshireFloyd View Post
    If the council are diligent then that sounds like a sensible outcome.
    The Council don't spray plots on our site - it is done by the Committee, who in the past have seen it as the best, if not the only way of keeping rogue plots under control.

From the re-action of the Committee and the Membership who attended the AGM, it was obvious that they had just accepted the blurb on the bottle and no one had ever questioned whether or not it was a 100% safe way of treating plants/ground where veg for human consumption was to be grown.

I have 3 young grandsons who will be eating the produce from the allotment/s and as far as I am concerned those who are investigating and questioning the safety of these products have raised doubts as to the veracity of the manufacturer's blurb.

The decision taken at the AGM will be added to a Welcome Letter to new members, (based on one supplied by Wendy, to whom I extend my grateful thanks), which means all new members will be made aware of the decision taken. The existing ones who did not attend the AGM will have access to the site notice board and will also learn of it by word of mouth.
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Pineberry View Post
      I emailed council yesterday with these kind question, so am just awaiting their reply.

Will post what they say.
      Got a reply:
      "As the allotment was overgrown with weeds it was sprayed with a glyphosate-based product in March."

Comment

At least you know now. As others have said, best thing you can do now is work with the soil; add good stuff to it, compost, straw etc, Maybe some beneficial fungi (not sure of the spelling but something like micorrzial?) and try not to stress yourself about it. x

Comment

^^ + maybe a good scattering of chicken poo pellets & a light coat of rock dust to help with trace elements
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I have unapproved several posts and closed this thread. Enough already...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X