No announcement yet.

hows everyones chilli plants?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the plant or just the chillies Darcy?
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• The chillies defiantly do not prepare bare handed the leaves should be fine to touch
      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• What sort of friend gave you the world's hottest chilli without a warning Mikey?
        Do not attempt this at home - Woman rubs chilli pepper seeds in her eyes after setting new world record - Telegraph

Comment

• A past friend VC.

I genuinely have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking about making an oil or a spirit with them rather than necessarily eating them, as I'm not sure I could stomach something that hot.

Anyone have some alternative uses for chillies?
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilli_grower View Post
            my numex twilight are also by far the slowest plants this year.

They have loads of tiny buds about to open though...
            My twilight has had a growth spurt over the last few days also hove what looks like the start of some flower heads forming

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikey View Post
              A past friend VC.

I genuinely have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking about making an oil or a spirit with them rather than necessarily eating them, as I'm not sure I could stomach something that hot.

Anyone have some alternative uses for chillies?
              How about a dip or something similar? Use some courgettes, cucumbers, bit of yoghurt and the chilli or part thereof and blend them all together and then add more of one or all depending on taste...
              Made some of this last year and was delish....
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                How about a dip or something similar? Use some courgettes, cucumbers, bit of yoghurt and the chilli or part thereof and blend them all together and then add more of one or all depending on taste...
                Made some of this last year and was delish....
                Also spicy salsa would get my vote failing that take them down the local boozer bet people a pint that they can't eat one without crying like a baby

Comment

• we might need some shading today! It reached 38 C in my g/h yesterday!!!!

Comment

• My chillies so far

First year growing chillies loving it!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Help ASAP please guys

Guys i dropped my chilli plant in the back garden while moving things about. It completely come out of the pot with soil everywhere but the roots are ok so I repoted it. The only problem is a large leaf is literally hanging on a thread. You can see where my finger is pointing on the picture where the problem is. Is there anything I can do to save the leaf and will my plant be ok?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I'm no expert but I'd cut it close to the stem but not to close leave a few mils, to allow shoots to cum aot just above. It will be fine I've snapped loads off mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chiiliwilly View Post
                          Guys i dropped my chilli plant in the back garden while moving things about. It completely come out of the pot with soil everywhere but the roots are ok so I repoted it. The only problem is a large leaf is literally hanging on a thread. You can see where my finger is pointing on the picture where the problem is. Is there anything I can do to save the leaf and will my plant be ok?
                          Just pull it off the plant will do better without it, it will seal up and that's it by leaving it on it exposes more flesh maybe getting infected

Comment

• Thanks alot guys, I've just cut it off a few mills from the stem like you said, also just relised that I must have lost another leaf when I dropped the plant but ow well as long as I get some flowers followed by chillis ill be happy

Comment

• Doesn't look so bad. I had a few casualties last week when a fat pigeon decided to venture into my greenhouse

Comment

• I only have 2 survivors this year (most died as seedlings in the cold dark spring).

Both are now 6" high and finally producing flowers
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X