No announcement yet.

How are your Toms doing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Planted my seeds mid March and have been picking tumbling tom ( yellow variety ) for 2 weeks now
    I have 1 red one ready to pick. Money makers have large fruits but not yet ripe.
    The damp weather is playing havoc in my green house.
    My toms outdoors in hanging baskets look dead, they have been swimming with all the rain.

Comment

• Well, over here in Rumtopfland, I can't really complain. Nowhere near as much rain as in Britain! I planted some exciting new varieties this year (thanks to some friendly Grapes!), some in pots in the greenhouse, some outside. The first ripe one was a yellow hanging basket variety called "Pendulina" a week ago, and today the first lovely two red ones from a plant outdoors, the "Moscow ultra-early" - a truly fitting name. The plant itself doesn't look spectacular, some of the others look much stronger, but maybe you can't be huge and quick at the same time ;-)
      Cyril's Choice is a lovely plant btw.
      The first Blue OSU's have got blue tops but the rest is still green.
      ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

• My red alert tomato plant, which I've given up for dead many times but can't bring myself to throw out, has actually got some flower buds! It will be a miracle if I get tomatoes from it, but I'm amazed it's still alive so you never know.

Comment

• we had a bit of sunshine and they are growing again... plus with this weather i plant some variety of tomatoes ( heirloom seed from a friend from Italy) the last week of may and they are 4 foot tall and first flower bud are start to show... the funny part is that this tomatoes are drought resistant ( he said that in italy he only water them when he transplant them in april and if doesn't rain till july one more time) but with the uk weather they grow mad....

Comment

• I have tons of flowers but they don't seem to be doing much else - I've even resorted to 'tickling' them in case the bees aren't getting to them.

Comment

• Am quite relieved to find out that everybody else is late this year - have some green ones, loads of flowers but no blushing as yet. Am hoping a few days of nice weather this week will help.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• The harvest has now well and truely started, picked a pound of toms today mixed Sungold and Tumbler. Lets hope the weather holds.

Colin
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nellie-m View Post
                  The first Blue OSU's have got blue tops but the rest is still green.
                  How is everyones OSU's doing? do the bottoms go blue as well, or red??? or yellow?
                  Last edited by Davyburns; 24-07-2012, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• Im now getting impatient waiting for my tomatoes!!LOL I have tons of flowers and lots of little green babies but nothing ready to nibble yet! The only disappointing one is the cherokee purple which is a lovely big, healthy plant but has very few flowers on it. Even the bush tomato which I left in a 9in pot on the bathroom windowsill as an experiment looks like it will be quite productive.

Comment

• Feeling very happy today
                      I've picked a tom from each of the following plants Amish paste, Alicante, Shirley's.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Still just mostly flowers but I did spot one tiny green fruit on a Gardeners Delight this evening. Whoop!

Comment

• So far have had some teeny ones from Gardener's Delight, Tumbler Red, Trailing Garden Pearl and another I can't remember..
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

• I have some San Marzano and yellow stuffer tomatoes showing, the size of small marbles at the moment, and also some tiny sweet millions. Considering I thought the plants had blight a few weeks back I am very chuffed indeed.

The half dead sweet millions plant I haphazardly bunged in the garden border is now growing up the fence and setting fruit.

I dug a compost hole in the garden in Feb/march time, and as an additional bonus some tomato plants of unknown variety have emerged from that and and are growing happily amongs the squashes and courgettes.

So all good here.... hope the weather keeps up and I actually get some rip tomatoes.

Comment

• I am very excited now as I have my first tomato forming It's not my very first tomato but the ones I already have are on the plants I bought from the garden centre and which already had a few flowers when I bought them. I now have a tomato on one of the plants I have grown from seed which has got me all excited! It's on little Colin too (he's been my favourite since he was a seedling). I can't believe he's old enough to be having tomatoes but they grow up so fast these days

Comment

• My cherry tomatoes are ripening at last! It must be all this sun, they have been growing against a wall provide extra heat though.
                                They're cherry tomatoes but aren't very cherry-like in size, more like regular size really. It's quite nice being able to have some fruit from the garden this year since the fruit trees will take a while and the strawberries like to stagger production so I only get one a week.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X