Have bulbils, what do I do with them?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my bulbils from the exotics circle is now through
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

We are a Grandmother

Comment

Excellent VC and thank you, will PM re 3 cornered leeks - which National Trust called "unwelcome and invasive" but I sometimes find the NT a bit of a pain too (I am a member) so fair's fair! Poor man's smelly snowdrop aren't they?) Yes I have Elephant Garlic sprouting in the greenhouse, Chives and Garlic Chives in a coldframe... But where did you get Potato Onions from? It's a shame that Wiki record them as once the most common and useful onion and excellent for gardens but now rare because not considered commercially viable because of their variable size and shape.... Hmmm, such is life, beware the Size and Shape Police

Comment

I'm sure thye would be invasive - but so is Wild garlic. Some photos of mine in here http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...lic_65948.html
          The potato onions came from Ebay -from Rare Exotic Crop Collection - seeds and tubers. Yacon, Oca, Achocha - 11 crops. | eBay
          You'll know who is selling them so I was confident of their quality

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            The potato onions came from Ebay -from Rare Exotic Crop Collection - seeds and tubers. Yacon, Oca, Achocha - 11 crops. | eBay
            You'll know who is selling them so I was confident of their quality
            Oh yes, sounds very familiar!! But I don't use eBay. I've requested several of those through HSL, tho' not sure I'll get them but even they weren't offering potato onions or rare (?) portuguese cabbage which seems extraordinarily difficult to locate , would it be easier to fly to Portugal...?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X