What did you sow today.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you sow today.

Not sure if this will work but as we have a "What did we harvest" thread, I wondered if it would be useful to have a dedicated sowing thread. I have found that as the season picks up, sowing posts tend to be scattered amongst a variety of threads. Obviously it is not going to really get started for a couple of months yet but just wondered what you thought. Mods:If the concensors is negative, please remove this thread.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

I like it, today I got some sprouting beans on the go
    Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Yeah, Great idea! Should be made a sticky, like "what did you harvest today"
      Last edited by Davyburns; 18-12-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
        Yeah, Great idea! Should be made a sticky, like "what did you harvest today"
        It is, it is called the What I did today thread http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra....html#post1835
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Still think there is room for a more specific thread on sowing

Comment

We had ones on a month by month basis before but no real interest. They just kind of fizzled out. They are on the growing techniques board if you want to take a look

Comment

Well, what HAS been sown today by anyone? Nottin by me I'm sorry to say!

I know Zaz is doing a moon thingy so will probably be sowing a control, with the trial beginning on 21st methinks!

I would hazzaed a guess that out of 365 days in the year I sow seeds in about 30 of them?
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My problem is that I don't sow enough seeds - hence a huge seed stash and spaces in the ground, growing weeds instead of produce! I have got a lot better, since joining the vine- but others put me to shame! I think once I have more time on my hands I shall aim to emulate you and Two_Sheds more, Snadger!
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Give me a snow plough to find the compost and the greenhouse and I could try

Comment

[Actually, I'm planning some salad leaves, more chammomile for plugs, plugs of green manure for the amino patch, and peas for shoots today - but don't tell anyone].

Comment

And Onions start on Monday!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, in addition to the OP, I was thinking of maybe including tips that may just give the edge to a more productive & successful season. Things like, do you treat your seeds i.e soak them , pre-germinate them, what medium do you use, do you sow them in situ or in modules/pots/heated prop ect. I know this can vary depending on what is being sown. Yes, I can read the seed pkts, books, google but I don't think you can beat life experiences from people I have grown to know & respect. There is only one place for that info & that is the vine.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Oh, and I'm chitting bean seeds in compost in the airing cupboard to get shoots - but this is for a photo session rather than for growing.

Comment

Comment

It will soon be time to start off those chilis.
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X