Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
    ... next year I'm trying sweet pots in the poly tunnel
    Good luck HM. With sweet pots you are at the mercy of the weather. I know from experience.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I've just had a flick through my seed collection, and was surprised how many different varieties of each thing I grow.
      6 ish types of Squash and Pumpkins
      5 of courgette and summer squash
      3 of beetroot
      2 of parsnip
      4 of carrot
      3 of pea
      I could go on, but I think you get the idea ...I think I have an addiction...
      Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 17-12-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
        Good luck HM. With sweet pots you are at the mercy of the weather. I know from experience.
        i know..... but my friend & i thought we'd have a go, we're just gonna try a few & see what happens
        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
          I've just had a flick through my seed collection, and was surprised how many different varieties of each thing I grow.
          6 ish types of Squash and Pumpkins
          5 of courgette and summer squash
          3 of beetroot
          2 of parsnip
          4 of carrot
          3 of pea
          I could go on, but I think you get the idea ...I think I have an addiction...
          Too right, Becki! Addiction's the word. I already have five new varieties of chilli waiting for Jan/Feb, plus two saved from this year - now I find myself hungrily looking at the chilli seeds available on eBay. A Numex Twilight? Those orange Rocotos? And just where am I going to put them? Crazy!!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            Thats the trouble with senility...........things that happened years ago seem like yesterday but you can't remember what day it is today!!!!!!!!

PS.........Although a good idea, it didn't seem to take off as was planned, did it?
            Last edited by Snadger; 17-12-2009, 12:37 PM.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by annacruachan View Post
              Too right, Becki! Addiction's the word. I already have five new varieties of chilli waiting for Jan/Feb, plus two saved from this year - now I find myself hungrily looking at the chilli seeds available on eBay. A Numex Twilight? Those orange Rocotos? And just where am I going to put them? Crazy!!
              I've bought 10 new varieties of chilli to try this year , not sure where I'm going to put them either, I've only really got a window sill or I suppose they could go in the tenty cloche thing I've got on the lottie...
              Bex

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                PS.........Although a good idea, it didn't seem to take off as was planned, did it?
                The idea is brilliant.I must admit being guilty-I was going to PM PW with my good stuff but I went off the forum for a while(too many things happening at once).I'll PM him anyway.
                Last edited by coreopsis; 17-12-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
                  The idea is brilliant.I must admit being guilty-I was going to PM PW with my good stuff but I went off the forum for a while(too many things happening at once).I'll PM him anyway.
                  Ah....so it's your fault is it!
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

No, don't PM PW!!!

Just add yours onto the thread and we will cut and paste them on. You won't see them until we approve them but PW is often out and about so the idea is to add it onto the thread and we'll deal with them.

Comment

Yes,it is Snadger,but no more than anybody else's.How many people contributed to PW's thread?Not too many.OK,I'll try to PM him my varieties very soon.
                      I was a bit disappointed as I was looking for some recommendations here.I got some help from Rat(thank you)after I realised that the growth depends on factors like location(hence pestering SR)and type of soil.I know I won't be able to grow some stuff that grows in south UK.
                      I started this thread to find out why boltardy,elephant garlic and musselburgh are chosen by majority,who is experimenting with some new varieties and how do they find them.

Comment

Yes,it is Snadger,but no more than anybody else's.How many people contributed to PW's thread?Not too many.OK,I'll try to PM him my varieties very soon.
                        I was a bit disappointed as I was looking for some recommendations here.I got some help from Rat(thank you)after I realised that the growth depends on factors like location(hence pestering SR)and type of soil.I know I won't be able to grow some stuff that grows in south UK.
                        I started this thread to find out why boltardy,elephant garlic and musselburgh are chosen by majority,who is experimenting with some new varieties and how do they find them.
                        I grow musselburgh leeks mainly because I've tried a lot of others and NONE can compare for taste, hardiness and size of crop in my region!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The only one of those varieties I have ever grown is bolthardy and I only grew that once as I had some free seeds. Other varieties are easily available in seed catalogues and I use them for my main inspiration along with recommendations from friends etc.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by vegnut View Post
                            I'll pretty much go with everyone else here. I always grow the varieties that are reliable here and taste good, then i will always grow some new varieties or new types of veg to see if they are any good or not. This year was asparagus pea YEUCK, never again!!!
                            I also tried beetroot chioggia and that was very tasty and sweet, it also grew quicker than boltardy. Anyhow, you get the picture.
                            Oh thanks. My asparagus peas to try something new for next year arrived yesterday. You mean they don't taste like asparagus and/or peas? Mind you, I fall for it all the time. Last year I bought some special mustard greens from Thailand, being very fond of Asian food. I'm sorry, I'll read that again, I was very fond of Asian food.
                            Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                            >
                            >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              I grow musselburgh leeks mainly because I've tried a lot of others and NONE can compare for taste, hardiness and size of crop in my region!
                              OK,you justified yourself.
                              I thought about trying a few leeks next year but definitely not Musselburgh.I thought about Blue Solaise and some other,probably from Moreveg(as they do small packets).

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                No, don't PM PW!!!

Just add yours onto the thread and we will cut and paste them on. You won't see them until we approve them but PW is often out and about so the idea is to add it onto the thread and we'll deal with them.
                                Even easier,I'll add it straight away.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X