Why just one variety?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
    Join the club-must be rubbish soil here for them as they failed about 3 years in the row.Next year I'll try again but with Moneta and Ruby Queen(not boltardy)
    I've tried Moneta but it was quite honestly useless up here. Last year I grew Cylindra and Chioggia - I started them in modules in the tunnel and planted out when I felt they were ready (and when I had the time). Both performed admirably so will do the same again this year - Cylindra was the star of the show but Chioggia wins on looks.
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

OK,you justified yourself.
      I thought about trying a few leeks next year but definitely not Musselburgh.................
      Your loss!

Blue Solaise were carp for me, but sometimes you've got to experiment and find out what suits your taste and your area!
      Last edited by zazen999; 18-12-2009, 10:35 PM.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Blue Solaise were carp for me, but sometimes you've got to experiment and find out what suits your taste and your area!
        That's the thing-something is carp for some people but works well for the others

Comment

That's the thing-something is carp for some people but works well for the others
          Hope Blue Solaise push your buttons coreopsis!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            Hope Blue Solaise push your buttons coreopsis!
            I'm a woman and I can ALWAYS change my mind

Comment

I'm giving Blue Solaise a go next year as one of my leek types. Dunno how well they'll work but nice to go for something different and they might become a favourite.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
                Oh thanks. My asparagus peas to try something new for next year arrived yesterday. You mean they don't taste like asparagus and/or peas? Mind you, I fall for it all the time. Last year I bought some special mustard greens from Thailand, being very fond of Asian food. I'm sorry, I'll read that again, I was very fond of Asian food.
                Sorry about that sarraceniac, we all have different tastes and hopefully yours will be better than mine . I also fried mine in butter, that may not have been a good move, i never really gave them a second chance after that.
                Looking on the bright side though, they had really beautiful deep red flowers that attracted the bees
                "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Right then,Snadg,I got Bleu Solaise and Musselburgh and will try them both

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X