Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do i get that from?

Comment

Lots of supermarkets sell it - Morrisons, Waitrose, Sainsbury's and perhaps Holland & Barrett?...

Ecover United Kingdom - Washing up liquid lemon

To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

thank you for that i will look into that

Comment

Originally posted by darkcrystal View Post
          i know i dont have any shade in our garden either so weather the sun has got them too, that probably isnt helping matters
          It's not sunlight that is bad, it's sunlight on wet leaves: it causes scorching.

Tomatoes need to be in sunlight to ripen.
          Don't get water on the leaves, water from the bottom (into a saucer).
          Squish the greenfly, don't wash them.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It is difficult to see from the photos, but I think they are also outgrowing the pots. Have you got roots coming out of the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
              ...Squish the greenfly, don't wash them.
              I agree to an extent, but there's as much chance of you squashing soft growing tips when doing that as there is causing damage by getting water on the plants - afterall what do you do if it rains? Put them in a bag!

Edit - as zazen says (re-check my 1st post) - ours looked a bit iffy cos we'd not potted them up/planted them out.
              Last edited by smallblueplanet; 30-05-2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I find that most greenfly don't realise they are supposed to die when you spray them with the water and WUL.
                Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

i have re potted some, but the others dont have roots coming out of the bottom yet, im hoping that i will get some soil on tuesday so i can re pot the other tomato plants.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                    causing damage by getting water on the plants - afterall what do you do if it rains? Put them in a bag (?)
                    It doesn't usually rain while also beating down with sun though, which is what causes scorched leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
                      It doesn't usually rain while also beating down with sun though, which is what causes scorched leaves.
                      I know what causes sun scorch, I've also seen the sun come out after a rain shower.

Comment

Just a suggestion ..... rather than use washing up liquid, I use a garlic spray, home made from garlic capsule diluted with water, this certainly keeps the pests away from the roses and doesn't harm the plants. I use it mostly on roses so don't know if it works on other plants.
                        http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

afterall what do you do if it rains? Put them in a bag!
                          Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          I'm also in the east mids, in the past couple of weeks we've had a few days where we've had heavy showers throughout the day and it's been sunny..... I Got Sun Burnt!!! So it might not be the spraying anyway, could just be because that's what the weather's been like round here.
                          "Hmm, that doesn't make much sense to me. But then, you are very small... I always liked going south. Somehow feels like going downhill."

Comment

well a few of the tomato plants are looking much better now that i have stopped killing poisioning them, i have seen one little tom on one of them.....but there are a couple that do look very sick and the green fly has taken over them no matter what i do they are there, so im just keeping an eye on the other ones for now and just let them one go the way they do.
                            also i have the topsy turvy tomato planters they are looking heathy funny seeing tomatos grow upside down, my partner noticed that the hook was coming out of the wook, with it being so heavey and all, hopefully it wont fall we have screwed it back in. fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by darkcrystal View Post
                              also i have the topsy turvy tomato planters they are looking heathy funny seeing tomatos grow upside down, my partner noticed that the hook was coming out of the wook, with it being so heavey and all, hopefully it wont fall we have screwed it back in. fingers crossed.
                              What are these please?
                              "Hmm, that doesn't make much sense to me. But then, you are very small... I always liked going south. Somehow feels like going downhill."

Comment

I know what causes sun scorch, I've also seen the sun come out after a rain shower.
                                I know that you do Manda: there's not much you don't know.
                                My comment was more for the benefit of newbies

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X