my tomatos are looking sick

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkcrystal View Post
    there are a couple that do look very sick and the green fly has taken over them
    Greenfly will badly infest a sick plant, there's probably not much you can do for them now.
    Put them out of their misery ... on the compost heap
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

can i put them in my compost bin i thought it might do somthing to my compost.

Comment

Originally posted by helanuels View Post
        What are these please?
        a topsy turvy is a plant holder that lets you grow tings upside down, you can grow tomatos, strawberrys that sort of thing. it attches to a fence and then the fruit wont touch the gound and get eaten by the slugs.......but i havent got any fruit yet so im not going to say its the best thing in the world...it might fall down yet as its very heavy.

Comment

That sounds interesting.... Good for limited floor space?

How are they looking today after the rain?
          "Hmm, that doesn't make much sense to me. But then, you are very small... I always liked going south. Somehow feels like going downhill."

Comment

not bad a litle droopy, the ones in the plant pots are a bit worse for wear, but the upside down ones are not as bad as there is a smaller whole so it does not get all the rain.........couldnt believe the rain it almost flooded the garden. and the plant pots were swimming i had to pour the water out.

did you get the thunder and lightning????? or just the rain???

Comment

Thundered a lot yesterday. Lightning woke me up this morning with a big shock and I didn't realise what it was. I could hear my dad pottering about somewhere in the house. I shouted out and my husband said it was ok. So I grabbed the phone and rang downstairs and my dad said it was lightning. It must have hit really close. Sounded like an explosion. I've never heard it that close before.

Then it rained most of the day so I didn't get any gardening done, My friend did run and put a brolly over my spuds and I put a cut in half bottle and two take away tubs over my nice new lettuce seedlings... I think the cut and come again salad may have had it... (I put half a bottle over my fave bit though).

Even when the rain had 'stopped' it hadn't actually stopped, was just spitting every few minutes. I only had to drain my lettuce (standing on a tray) and cut and come again salad... it was standing in a cat litter tray because it's been so dry LOL! The rest of my plants were either inside, in mini green house, or garage.
              "Hmm, that doesn't make much sense to me. But then, you are very small... I always liked going south. Somehow feels like going downhill."

Comment

my basil was outside when the rin came down but i think its ok......everything eles i couldnt do much about it, it snapped a couple of flowers off the pumpkin plants but looking at it they are males so not too bad. but the good thing is that i have collected two big bins of water so the flowers will have some rain water when they get dry, wont be for a while though. nice to hear a thunder storm though i do like them.

Comment

Wish we'd had a bit of that rain!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

you might still get it........it might be on its way. x

Comment

Yeah, I think you are meant to be getting storms at some point soon? May have got it wrong... Or if i got it right, They may have got it wrong lol. Had a sunny but cold day today. Things have dried off a bit.

I got a massive pot full of rain water but... Its yellow???

Back to the Toms... I found a couple of spotty black leaves today... felt sad because that plant didn't look as healthy as others. Decided it needed a new bigger pot so I knocked it out of its old pot and there, right in front of me as though he had the right to be.... was a slug! cheeky little.... so I shouted at him. I'm hoping this plant will get better soon.

Does anybody know if the slug could have affected the leaves?

Comment

im no expert but i would of thought if a slug is nibbling at the roots it would weaken the plant but thats just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by helanuels View Post

Back to the Toms... I found a couple of spotty black leaves today... felt sad because that plant didn't look as healthy as others. Decided it needed a new bigger pot so I knocked it out of its old pot and there, right in front of me as though he had the right to be.... was a slug! cheeky little.... so I shouted at him. I'm hoping this plant will get better soon.

Does anybody know if the slug could have affected the leaves?
                          I seem to have several leaves with black/brown spots on them too. Never had that before....?

lol! Shouting at the slug? Try stabbing? (Sorry! I get a bit violent towards slugs and snails they make me so very angry! )

oh...had a peek at seedlings by kitchen today....some of my mushroom trays of seedlings are flooded

Comment

i couldnt stab slugs but have you tried beer put a bowl level with the soil and fill it with cheap beer.......the only prob though is when it rains it dilutes. but its worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
                              I seem to have several leaves with black/brown spots on them too. Never had that before....?
                              Now the ones with black spots have gone purple on the underside of the leaves. I nipped some of the really bad ones off.
                              I sometimes think I wasn't made to be a tomato grower. They look like the picture that smallblueplanet posted except they have a purple haze. Tut.

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
                              lol! Shouting at the slug? Try stabbing? (Sorry! I get a bit violent towards slugs and snails they make me so very angry! )
                              i couldnt stab slugs but have you tried beer put a bowl level with the soil and fill it with cheap beer.......the only prob though is when it rains it dilutes. but its worth a try.
                              I shouted and flicked! I bought some little slug death traps. they are basically little trays with raised lids. Thing is.. my tom plants were on shelves in my mini greenhouse! Cheeky little...

Comment

not bad a litle droopy, the ones in the plant pots are a bit worse for wear, but the upside down ones are not as bad as there is a smaller whole so it does not get all the rain.........couldnt believe the rain it almost flooded the garden. and the plant pots were swimming i had to pour the water out.

did you get the thunder and lightning????? or just the rain???
                                Hi, I expected my toms to be battered this morning as we had a crash bang wallop shock storm in the early evening with hail and torrential rain from the afternoon to this morning. I collected gallons of rainwater, the tomatoes survived and the beans and peas have lapped it up, so what if the OH did have to miss an hour of 20/20 cricket because no satellite signal was being received? Tough. The garden was happy and so was I! Hope your toms make a good recovery, I'm sure they will.
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X