Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgettes and runner beans. My dads in Spain so I'm having to harvest his stuff as well as my own. Work aren't getting fed up yet of the freebies.
    Bex

Comment

• Raspberry fallgold:

These were grown in almost 100% shade in soil that was dumped at the bottom of a blowaway greenhouse (minus its cover) in order to stop it blowing over. The shelves are against a north facing wall, between an 8ft high hedge on one side and a garage not far away on the other, giving them just a little sun early and late in mid summer. There are loads more green fruit on the plants!
      Attached Files
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Beans , beans and more beans. A giant cabbage that I was worried the slugs would start attacking. Lots of peppers, chillies and tomatoes. A melon. Loads of patty pans and courgettes and the odd marrow. And a purple kohl rabi. Oh and did I mention beans....

Comment

• A few beans, a couple of helpings of raspberries and an accidental butternut squash.
          I'm not sure if my butternut squashes should be harvested yet, they haven't grown in at least 2 weeks- should I cut them and dry them now or leave a bit longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• A lorry load of french beans, 3 courgettes from my diminishing courgette plants, a good bunch of beautiful carrots. some san marzano tomatoes and beetroots.
            I keep thinking I've harvested all the beans, yet every time I walk past them I see loads more ready to harvest
            Oh my two girls have decided to start laying at the same time, so got two bantam eggs - only need another 10 to make an omlette!
            What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
            Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Runner beans and carrots today
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Beans, carrots, tomatoes, beetroot, spinach beet, calabrese and potatoes.

This is pretty much my whole Sarpo Mira crop, dug today to make room for broccoli. The camera is pointing due south and this lot came from 8 seed potatoes in a raised bed filled with a mixtiure of soil and hotbin compost. Proof that you can grow potatoes in the shade!

I'm cooking all the slightly damaged ones - sausage and mash for tea
                Attached Files
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Tomatoes, tomatoes and tomatoes!!
                  Just made a fresh tomato relish to go on my burger, yummy!

Comment

• Courgettes, yellow, green and round ones.
                    Raspberries, red and yellow ones
                    Tomatoes, red and yellow and purple and green and stripy ones.

I can eat a rainbow.............almost

Comment

• Oh, I'll have the tune "I can see a rainbow" running through my head now...

Apples, blackberries and tomatoes

Comment

• Lots of yellow beans, a few purple beans. I also harvested my borlottis which were looking nice and ready. Corn on the cobs. A gazillion crystal apple cucumbers...still loads left to take. I'm going to collect some seeds as they've been awesome this summer. Some Black Russian tomatoes.

Comment

• Lots of tomatoes!

Attached Files
                          Carrie

Comment

• Sweet peas! Two weeks shy of October and they're still going. Picked a large bunch this morning.
                            Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                            Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

• Yesterday another 2 or 3 lbs of tomatoes
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Toms, cucmbers, lettuce, basil, chives, radish pods for the salad then some spinach and chard for sag aloo.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X