• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French beans, tomatoes a fennel bulb and some blackberries

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Bex

Comment

• Down the allotment today harvested my borlotti beans, more tomatoes and peppers, watermelon. cues, raspberries and apples. More courgettes...............
      Made several apple & raspberry crumbles to freeze

Comment

• I picked some more green beans - they are slowing down a little now that the days are getting shorter - plus lots of carrots of all shapes and sizes, some gladioli, more courgettes (sigh) and some unblighted tomatoes.
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• A bunch of delightful Marmande and Ferline toms. Some for lamb and tomato bake tonight and the rest to be preserved.

Attached Files

Comment

• I got this lot from the tunnel today. Toms, courgettes, cucumbers. Of all the types of tomatoes I grew, I really wanted the yellow ones most. I have one yellow one. The rest had better get a move on and ripen soon.

There are carrots in the background but you can't see them. Ironically the first one I pulled, I gave to the dog and every one thereafter was smaller.

Comment

• Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post
              I got this lot from the tunnel today. Toms, courgettes, cucumbers. Of all the types of tomatoes I grew, I really wanted the yellow ones most. I have one yellow one. The rest had better get a move on and ripen soon.

There are carrots in the background but you can't see them. Ironically the first one I pulled, I gave to the dog and every one thereafter was smaller.

Nice harvest there gardening_gal

Comment

• Thank you kind sir.

Comment

• Bag of Victoria plums (gave them to a neighbour), there are loads more to ripen! About 8lbs of greengages - girding my loins to make jam with them and enough runner beans for me for supper. There are some hooge courgettes (marrows) at the plot and I keep looking at them and wondering what I can do with them! No, I don't have room in the freezer. And no more ratatouille! Maybe a cheese and courgette quiche tomorrow and some 'gifts' for the neighbours.

Comment

• Cucumbers, courgettes, toms, basils and oregano.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday my first runner beans. Hopefully there'll be a whole lot more this week after the rain!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Ok Veggie, I`ll save some seeds for The Virtual Seed Parcel, how many would you like, 100 or so? A word of warning to those who wish to grow them, one plant needs plenty of space!
                        Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        If you can save some seeds, they'll find a good home in the Virtual Seed Parcel
                        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nce_68032.html

Comment

• Whatever you can spare, FrogDoctor - thank you
                          I'm up for growing some and I'm sure there are other Grapes who'd like some

Comment

• Yesterday I harvested a couple of kohl rabi, a purple cauliflower, more French and runner beans, more crystal apple cucumbers, an armful of brassica leaves, some tender stem broccoli, and some beetroot.

I was lucky to be give a couple of fennel bulbs and a new type of kale to try by one of my allotment neighbours. I managed to give him some crystal apple cucumbers in exchange!

Comment

• potatoes,peas,raspberries..

Comment

• Yesterday I got just over 10lb of Pink Fir Apple potatoes out of one 30ltr pot.
                                Really please with them and they were tasty too

Video on my channel.
                                Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                                Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                                -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X