Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the first pepper - a yellow one that fell off the plant, still green but edible.
    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• A hoooooooge pumpkin, well in excess of 20 lbs, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Wow Florence Fennel, great stuff!

Runner beans, parsley and chives for supper, apples for pud (with foraged blackberries, in crumble).
        Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• Some more Ratte potatoes and the first Cara potatoes (which are HUGE). Oh, and more beans.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• More and more cherry tomatoes - red and yellow ones. Had a bowl of them to dip into with my lunch and found that I instinctively went for the red ones in preference to the yellow - even though they were perfectly ripe (Sungold). Heaven help me when the blue ones are ripe
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-09-2013, 09:29 PM. Reason: opyt

Comment

• My first ripe chilli (Cayenne).

Comment

• Tomatoes, purple podded peas, radish pods, lettuce, spinach, a couple of cucs, with more waiting to be picked.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Today I ate a completely grown / caught dinner!! We've already been harvesting our veg and potatoes etc but today I went fishing for a friends birthday so its the first time when our whole dinner (for four peeps) was self grown / caught!

BBq'd mackeral and corn on the cobs, spinach and fresh potatoes and my dad made homegrown coleslaw delicious!

Comment

• Sounds delicious kt6382! I grew up in West Sussex

Today I are mostly harvested a bunch of half-decent carrots that appeared as if by magic when I watered - obviously the water rinsed off the topmost soil and there they were, peeping out. My expectations for the carrot harvest are never high so these aren't too bad. Oh and DS nabbed a few runners, he loves them, and DD came in with a tomato, which I'll save for DS' packed lunch when he starts school on Wednesday
                    Last edited by MrsCordial; 02-09-2013, 03:42 PM.
                    Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• More cherry tomatoes, 3 teeny cukes, blackberries, marjoram and oregano for drying and................26 figs
                      That's my digestion sorted - not that it needs any help

Comment

• Cherry tomatoes, Black Russian tomatoes, runner beans and cayenne chillies.
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• More salad leaves, various lettuce, baby spinach beet leaves, some pea shoots, and some beetroot leaves.

There are lots of tiny beans, so hoping to have some of those soon, 2 massive courgettes which will need picking in next day or two.

Comment

• Cabbage white larvae and eggs, carrot root fly :'(

Comment

• Spring onions, mini pumpkins, spinach.....

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X