Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Coriander and a pinch of spring onions.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I lifted potatoes that I was growing in a large tub, as the soil looked in good condition, no weeds and nice and open, I decided to sow some beetroot, I know its a bit late but as said the soil looked good so I sprinkled some BFB, over the surface then worked it in before sowing the seed, can't remember the name at present but it is an F1 and only a, single seed per kernal? hope you know what I mean, if/once the seeds germinate and it starts getting cooler I will cover the tub with a cloche then wait and see what comes of this trial, as often said if you don't try you will never know
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I sowed a few Mangetout (9 Carouby De Maussane) & Broadies (12 Aquadulce Claudia) into the best size of module I had to hand at the weekend (21 October) to trial overwintering in the blow-away.

They're on the kitchen windowsill at the moment to sprout as I've a feeling it's not warm enough outside to germinate the Mangetout in my neck of the woods this week. No signs yet (I'm aware 3 days is a tad optimistic but couldn't resist a peek under the plastic bag this morning lol ).
        Last edited by Andraste; 24-10-2023, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• 4/9 Mangetout have popped their little heads out this morning no broadies to be seen as yet.

Comment

• I shall sow my onion seeds in the next couple of weeks, they go in the electric propagator till about Feb, then some leeks will go in.

Comment

• Hi burnie,

I have some Red Baron onion seed I'd like to try - I've never grown onions from seed before (only from sets). I don't have a propagator but do have a nice sunny windowsill and a blow-away.

I wasn't planning to sow until 1st week Feb but would you think that's too late?

Edit: to 'tag' burnie
              Last edited by Andraste; 31-10-2023, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• 9/12 broadies are up today so they've joined the mangetout (now 8/9 up) in the blowaway. Good luck little buddies

Comment

• Broadies & mangetout still alive

I've been surprised to notice over the past week or so that although the broadies have been nipped by the cold (just some black edges to the leaf tips which I think they should recover from), the mangetout seem unaffected. I expected it to be the other way around.

Comment

• I indoor sown some mustard seeds in a tub on a radiator and they’ve started germinating. Looking forward to cutting them and munching them in a salad/ egg butty!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• In the greenhouse I have sown some peas for pea shoots, mooli radish and lettuce, need to search out my winter lettuce as soon as possible
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• 2024 thread :-

Seed sowing thread 2024. - The Grapevine (growfruitandveg.co.uk)
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X