Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sowed some mini munch cucumbers which had got wet in the packet and sprouted and then dried out again, so I don't have much hope of them having any life left in them but I had to give them a try.
    Also sowed Florence fennel, watermelon mini love and emir melon.
    Last edited by peanut; 22-04-2023, 07:34 PM.
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
    Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Put my sweetcorn seeds on damp paper to sprout. They're a bit mouldy, but hopefully they'll be okay. I find sweetcorn seeds often go mouldy on the damp paper, anyway, but still sprout and grow just fine. I think it must be the high sugar content.

Comment

Planted up two bags of sharpes express potatoes & two bags of charlottes today,just finished as the rain came,helpful weather watering them all in

Comment

My sweetcorn seeds have done nothing (they were kept on heat, so after three days at least some of them out to have been sprouting), so I've replaced them with fresh ones from a new packet.
          I've also put all of my runner beans to sprout.

Comment

Yesterday I planted up one container of Desiree seed potatoes,I was going to do a second container but I disturbed ants,I’m just waiting for them to leave the area.

Comment

More Kale and courgettes because I’ve had a few failures.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Today sowed 5 pots of gold rush courgette & 5 pots of Orelia courgette. 2 pots of white Lisbon spring onions. 4 pots of diva cucumber. 2 pots basil,2 pots parsley. 20 Naughty Marietta & 20 Dainty Marietta French marigolds in a cell tray.

Comment

Slow germination of my sweetcorn seeds this year. Made it to 6 poking through so far from 15 despite them being on heat.

Comment

One more so now 7;sweetcorn. Sowed carrot, parsnip and salad leaves today. (Mizuna and cut anc come again). Chitting some peas to get sown in a few days.

Comment

Chard and spinach today.

Comment

Six hunter butternut squash & a little tray of mandarina orange balm about sixteen seeds.

Comment

Blauhilde french beans the seeds were saved from last year.

Comment

Sown more courgettes this morning.

Comment

Forgot about the chitted peas so they went mouldy. Started some more.

Comment

Now sowed the rest of the peas for this year and some fennel -herb not Florence. Also sowed some cauliflower seeds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X