• ^^^ snap Bren!
    Very rewarding isn’t it?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It’s all free as well.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pruned the grape vines, cut down the dead asparagus stems, cut down the dead raspberry stems, and cleared the dead french bean plants.

Comment

• Collected and bagged up leaves, gathered fallen Nasturtium seeds to save for next year.

Comment

• Weeded and manured a couple of beds

Comment

• Went out to look at where I’m planting my garlic,I was going to plant it but it’s been raining all day. The nasturtiums wilted & dahlias blackened,sat & sun were very cold here but they lasted a long time,frost usually hits them earlier than this. I got these garlic as an early birthday present,one bulb of each,they look good bulbs I took a photo

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FD81289-6156-45E6-A311-B546DC68F235.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	2571803

Comment

• Yesterday I did some more shredding, and today I moved the potted peach tree into the greenhouse to protect from leaf curl, move some cape gooseberries into the greenhouse to try and overwinter them, and earthed up the beetroot to protect from the coming frosts.​​​​​

Comment

• Cleared my old raspberry patch, digging out all the raspberry roots (most of them were dead, anyway), along with a couple of buckets of bindweed and horsetail roots.
                  Sprayed the peach tree with zinc sulphate to make the leaves turn and drop off. It's still green at the moment.

Comment

• Pulled up Marigolds that where growing in the GH borders, picked up branches from around the garden that's come of our Silver Birch tree. Rescued and put back together our bamboo wind charm even found all the pieces.

Comment

• Sowed assorted chilies and peppers, including some chili root-stock seeds. Also a couple of pelleted seeds that I think are tomato root-stock, but I'm not sure since the tube the pellets were in had fallen out of its outer foil envelope. Hopefully I'll know if they germinate.

The heated propagator is in my workshop, which I keep at 20°C with a heat pump/AC (It's very well insulated), so the propagator doesn't have too much work to do. I'll put some grow lights on a timer when there is any sign of germination.
                      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• A few weeks ago,maybe several,I collected some tomato seeds in a cup of water to save seeds for next year. Today I potted on two over eager tomato seedlings,they were all germinating in the cup of water. I can’t remember the variety but it’s definitely a big plant that’s going to be leggy,I might switch the grow light on & I’ll sow other seeds soon. I just used the outside compost with a few chopped up nettles near the bottom of one seedling coz I’ve got no fertiliser,that’l do,Ive started making a bottle of nettle tea for some nitrogen. The other seedling has no nettles so I’m comparing the two just out of interest. Once I used a handful of chopped up fresh grass & it made leaves darker green,its a good free source of nitrogen. I don’t know how the nettles came to the front garden a few years ago,there’s holes all over,I’ll check for caterpillars in the early spring which is near,they’l be in the leaf that’s all folded over,I think its a red admiral baby again & I think they put the seeds there years ago because how did they know,it’s a really small patch,natures brilliant

Comment

• This years thread :-

What I did today 2024. - The Grapevine (growfruitandveg.co.uk)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X