X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    MrB cut the grass yesterday then today I’ve dug up the last parsnips.

Leave a comment:

• Nikkinak
    replied
    Got my onions in today. Did some weeding and admired the daffodils hope everyone had a great day

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sieved out some more barrow loads of compost to fill my big tubs and raised beds.
    Mulched some more of the fruit with cardboard and spent hops.

Also tested the soil temperature. It was 10-14c, depending on the area. Should be warm enough to plant my early potatoes, so I'll do that in a few days.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    Well, Sunday, but finally started planting seeds.

tomatoes in the heated propogator, and beetroot and early carrot in the greenhouse

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Potted up my Begonia and Callas. Cut back my Clematis.

Leave a comment:

• Gearoid
    replied
    Potted on some dwarf bush tomatoes. Sowed some vine tomatoes.

Leave a comment:

• salilah
    replied
    Busy day - pricked out tomato, chilli and aubergine seeds into small pots to the bedroom; sowed tray of herbs (3 varieties basil, parsley, red perilla, lovage, wild fennel and lemon balm); sowed tray of salad leaves; moved very leggy celeria to the greenhouse for light; sowed a few trial beetroot in Jiffy 7s in the heated prop; took potatoes and broad beans up to my new allotment, and planted out two root-trainer trays of BB (one more tray to go in a few days!). Exhausted, but it feels good!! The allotment is very clay - such a difference from my raised beds at home which are no-dig and largely composted over years! Now need to replan the allotment a bit to allow for the BB having moved

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Grafted a fourth tomato plant. The three that I did on Monday seem ok. Got one out of two grafted cucumbers hanging on, though there's some growth from the rootstock that I'll have to try to remove.

Potted on the chilli seedlings, only three varieties this year. Planted some basil cuttings that have been in a pot of water for the last 10 days.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Pricked out summer cabbage
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabbage.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	813.3 KB
ID:	2542714

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Pricked out more chillis and tomatoes into individual pots. Bought some spring onion, beetroot and purple sprouting broccoli seedlings to give me a head start. Did a major prune of an old snowberry bush at the side of the house.

Leave a comment:

• SarrissUK
    replied
    I got out in the garden for a little while, enjoying the sunshine. I sowed some more Micro Cherry seeds for gifts for friends

I also sowed sand leeks, both outside and indoors, and a whole load of Shishito peppers.

I've prepared so that I can shuffle pots to the conservatory tomorrow, and it will be a shuffle - I walk like a 90 year old at the moment lol

My beloved will dig some for the base for the new greenhouse tomorrow, with the help of his daughter. She's offered, but he isn't aware yet what's on his list lol I will sow more seeds and pot up some plants I've acquired but not yet planted. I can't manage anything but sedentary activity. Might sow some peas outdoors too.

Leave a comment:

• Nikkinak
    replied
    I tidied up the pond in the garden at home.
    Sowed some luffa seeds - first time trying them. 🌱

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Trimmed the tussocky grass around the edges of my allotment paths.
    Spread some more manure.
    Sieved out some more soil from the communal compost bin (dumping pile) to fill my new raised bed.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Finished making my triple bay compost bin from pallets and old concrete slabs. I am knackered but chuffed to bits that it is done

Leave a comment:

• Gearoid
    replied
    Potted up my sweet and Cayenne peppers. I also sowed a couple of tomatoes.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X