This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Potted on some cucumbers into their final homes. Broke the best one. . Turned it into cuttings, but don't expect any results from it.
    They should root, as long as you can keep it warm and keep the humidity up (maybe put a plastic bag over the pot). You should reduce it to about 3 leaves, too.
    Cucumbers actually take easily from cuttings. My cucumber "cutting" (actually a seedling which had all of its roots and some of the stem eaten by fungus gnat larvae) had rooted pretty well within 8 days.
    Also, if the broken off stump still has at least the seed leaf leaf axil left then there is a good chance it will resprout (if it was snapped off below the seed leaves then it will never grow back, however).

Comment

• Planted out the last 6 runner beans.
      Planted a dozen or so sprouted dwarf French bean seeds (Canadian Wonder, for dry beans).
      Strimmed the allotment paths.

Planted out some amaranth plants in the raised bed at home.
      Sowed some chicory seeds in modules.

Comment

• Planted the last of my courgettes, sunflowers plus a squash.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted some African marigolds.
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Gently pulled apart a couple of beans, one dwarf french and one runner, that were in the same module and popped them in as separate plants. I was fairly late with my beans and am currently the only one at the allotment with naked bean sticks.
            Potted on some lettuce. Tied in the alderman peas and noticed a flower 3’ up on one. Hooray.
            Will plant out my climbing french beans tomorrow as they look good and ready and might put the sweetcorn in as well.

Comment

• Yesterday I planted my Scarlett emperor and Blauhilde beans.

Today potted on a couple of cucs, and aubergines.

Comment

• Planted out some runner beans (Hestia) and put a short row of sweet peas (Patio mixed) nearby to encourage the bees to visit the beans in the same bed. Both are dwarf varieties as tall ones don't do so well here due to the winds.

Moved two water butts (old Propcorn barrels that were here when we moved in and must have come from one of the farms) and started adding nettles to one of them. Undecided as to whether to add comfrey leaves to the nettle barrel or keep them separate.

Set up another compost heap and started filling it with layers of grass, seaweed etc.

Comment

• My beans haven’t even germinated yet but some are growing from a previous years plant so I’ll put a teepee there soon. Mowed the front lawn,planted out a few tomatoes,a pepper & a couple French marigolds. Sowed peas & did a bit of weeding. We had a lot of rain yesterday so most of my plants got a good watering but I watered the ones in the blowaway. One of my onions had a flower bud forming so I pinched it off

Comment

• Some plants arrived in the post today, so I planted them out:
                    5 sweet potato Erato Purple.
                    And two Duck potato plants (a pond plant which produces edible corms), which I have planted in my bathtub pond which I had originally planned for lotuses (the lotuses died).

Comment

• Yesterday, planted out squash, outdoor toms and cukes and various flowers (all into the allotment).
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Planting flowers , emptying bulb tubs
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Planted out more lettuce then sown another pinch of lettuce seeds.

Comment

• Planted out my Galina's Yellow tomatoes with some Naughty Marietta marigolds. Also tidied up my lilac tree by deadheading and cutting out old wood.

Comment

• Strimmed the paths between the beds and did a bit of weeding. Planted out some dwarf French beans - Purple Teepee and Tendergreen. Transplanted some of the extra broad beans I'd planted into the spots in the rows where they either didn't germinate or got dug out by mice. Moved some flower seedlings out of the cold frame and put some herb seedlings into it.

Comment

• Planted out some dwarf french beans and lettuce plugs, sowed some more radishes, repotted my peach saplings again. They're pretty sizeable plants now, considering they're only 6 months old.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X